Chapter Fifteen

TW: Blood, Abusive Relationship

A/N: If you'd like to see some of what happens during the time skip, check out Second Chances on my profile! Mana's starring! (Also heavily into Lemonade and stuff so you are warned)

I had a crush on two stunning people at the same time.

The rest of the week went by in a hazed blur. The morning after my realization, I received a message along with a picture of my ex that had been spotted, though he disappeared shortly after. It was nearby, too. He had been looking for me, the detective said.

It sent me absolutely spiraling.

Not only did I have to deal with the thoughts of my crushes whom I worked with and didn't want to hurt, but I also had to worry about his psychotic ass showing up out of the blue. I had to convince Keigo to stay in Fukuoka, the protective big brother of mine ready to fly over at a moment's notice.

Eijiro and Tamaki continued to show up to the shop, though I had been distant with both of them, turning to my music to help me attempt to recenter myself as I cleaned meticulously to drown out my anxious thoughts. I insisted I was fine, just thinking about things, encouraging them to stay back home instead of coming to the shop when I simply didn't feel like myself. I didn't want them to waste their time sleeping on me.

Still, they came every day, bringing something to eat and alternating sweets that I picked at, forcing myself to eat something to reinforce I was grateful for their friendship. Such good friends... Crushes... Loves... Whatever. I didn't deserve that kindness. Not like this. Some Hero I was, upset so much by one person. His presence in the area made me feel debilitated by my fear. I couldn't just make him out to be a villain in my head, no matter how much I tried.

Self-care hadn't been effective, either. Just before reaching a relieving peak, the sneering face of the abusive asshole would appear behind my scrunched eyes, draining any desire to keep going and just left me feeling more pent up, edged for I wasn't even sure how many sessions. It was getting almost painful, though I numbed it out after a while, just taking it as a standard going forward until I had some kind of a breakthrough.

Sleep was scarce as well, nightmares flaring my wrist to waking me up with a yelp, Mana checking in on me every few hours or so with the cries before finally just knocking me out with her Quirk the third night in, crashing in my bed with me that night forward so I wasn't alone. She really was the sweetest with me.

Seb probably loved the snuggle time at least, likely getting pet for half the night as her drawback kept her from getting needed rest. Guilt was all I felt, knowing how it affected Mana. She seemed in good spirits other than what was going on with me, reassuring me she was fine as always, her massage business taking off with positive comments from a certain fiery hothead. Small things to be grateful for. I was proud of her, really was. She even got the licensing she needed! Passed with a perfect score, ever the smart sister of mine.

Eijiro hadn't pressed about my wings, making sure to actively avoid questioning me about them at all. Same with Tamaki. Both of them were concerned over me, that usual smile and joy I brought forward gone except for rare moments they could snap me out of it, only for it to come back harder shortly after. It had to be straining the friendships we had, I could feel the tension between us. See the strain in their smiles.

It was killing me inside, but not enough to kick myself into opening up. Mana's threat to send the picture of the three of us didn't even work, leaving her to be even more distraught. She fussed over me like a mother hen, taking a ton of restraint to not snap at her. Wonder if she would've even preferred it, anything other than my numbed responses.