Chapter Seven

A/N: From here on in, there will be longer chapters, more information, etc. I haven't seen many comments, so I'd like to reach out here to see how everyone's enjoying it so far! Feel free to ask questions; if I can't disclose it because of plot, I'll let you know. Hope everyone's having a good time so far!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's continue our route. I can explain my Quirk on the way!"

After making our way through the central area of the festival, both agreeing that it seemed to be tranquil for the moment, Red guided us on the path to check on the outskirts. With the festival going on, the streets were quiet, no one bothering with the area as small Mom & Pop stores were shut down for the evening already. 

Perfect. I'd rather not have others around as I explained. Wouldn't explain with others around.

"Even with seeing pictures, only a few showed anything about you using a Quirk, Ceru. You don't like to have interviews either." Red's voice cut through the silence, and I hummed in agreement, the coil of water steadily growing since I had called it forward ten minutes prior.

"What do you think it is? I'm always curious about what others can glean from the annoying media." I grinned at him, finger nudging towards him slightly, wiggling the water tauntingly in front of his nose before returning it. He chuckled before rubbing the back of his neck, shrugging his shoulders.

"Fire whip?" A sharp bark of laughter slipped out before I could stop it, flicking my finger back and letting the water splash against his forehead in a soft flick, making him grin and nudge my shoulder gently back with his elbow.

"Water control obviously, just wanted to hear that laugh again! But the one image I saw... You were taking on a Nomu. I've had experience with them, they're nasty, strong monsters. Yet you were restraining it, while almost looking bored. I saw water or was it... yeah. Blood. Do you have some blood control or something close? Linking wounds? I think it came from a cut on your arm, so..." I beamed at his analysis, mentally shrugging off a reaction to his tease. His eyes lit up brilliantly at my nod.

"Closest anyone's gotten without seeing it firsthand. Well done, Red Riot. Water Manipulation, really, but it can have a wide range of uses. Linking my water to other sources, I can control it to a degree. That's what these claws are for, ideally without me getting sliced open sans my fingertips." I raised my right hand with the claws, grasping them and pushing down, ignoring the faint tingle of pain as secreted blades within the makeshift talons pierced my flesh. Blood slipped from thin holes just beneath the points of the claws, writhing lazily in the air in thin strands.

"The type of water I choose to control has to be presented. Blood for the body, regular for either elemental Quirk control or nature's lovely gift. I slash with my support item or use existing wounds to link them, and I can manipulate the other physically with mental fortitude. Nomu are simplistic, they just exist to follow an order. Easy to distract with some influence. Full humans are different - it gets down to whose will is strongest. Their focus gets shattered, I get control. Bloody Marionette is the name I chose. Flashy, right? Another reason I like to keep my wings hidden; a split second of shock can make or break my success rate. Usually, pain is a good enough distraction, though." I peeked back to him, seeing him nodding eagerly, glad that he found it interesting. I had hoped I wasn't talking his ears off. 

I also happened to realize I was trying to impress him the same way his Quirk had fascinated me. His eyes were focused on the blood strands swaying in the air with a frown on his lips after the moment of interest was overpowered.

"You could've told me though, instead of hurting yourself! I would've believed you." His soft chiding made me blink in confusion, not understanding the concern for my pain. It was necessary for my Quirk, so why bother being upset? I was used to it. I rolled my shoulders in a shrug, letting the blood slink back down, feeling the slashed fingertips start to heal with my blood back inside.