三十二 | 𝟑𝟐𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟒] - 𝟑𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑯𝒆𝒓 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑸𝑼𝑰𝑬𝑻𝑳𝒀 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹𝑬𝑫 𝑨𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑵 𝑺𝑯𝑬𝑬𝑻 𝑶𝑭 𝑷𝑨𝑷𝑬𝑹 𝑰𝑵 𝑭𝑹𝑶𝑵𝑻 𝑶𝑭 𝒀𝑶𝑼, your hands trembling slightly as you pressed your lips together in a firm line. You could feel the rough edges of your chapped lips scratch against each other as you restrained yourself from biting down. You had read over the sheet so many times over as if you were still flabbergasted by its contents. Despite being nearing the end of the line for your high school life, you had yet to decide on a proper career. You weren't entirely sure what you would like to be in the future. With your grades, you might be able to go to any of the colleges around the area. However, even that thought couldn't comfort you from the question that haunted the back of your mind: what exactly are you going to be doing as a career?

Were you going to work as an owner of a restaurant? Perhaps you wanted to run a bakery or a cafe like the other girls in your class. How much money are you going to invest in property just to have your own space? Just how much does it cost to rent out a place in a plaza? What about your apartment? Are you going to get your own house or are you going to continue paying rent to someone? Were you still going to live in the same apartment a few years from now?

Aside from that, what sort of job is going to give you the most happiness? Do you value the salary more than your own interests? You've heard from many other books that indulging in your hobbies could ruin your taste for such things. You didn't want to choose a career you would eventually feel bored of. As your hands slid themselves across the edges, you found yourself picturing your teacher's silent gaze. She had already addressed your parent's dismissive nature and demanded to meet them by this point.

You leaned your head against the palm of your hand. How exactly are you going to come up with a new excuse? You haven't seen your parents in years and frankly, you weren't even sure where they were. You had spent so long forging your mother's signature to the point it had become such a habit for you to simply write her name in documents. However, it was clear that this wouldn't be an option for you now that you had to attend an hour-long meeting with your teacher about your career. You tugged on your (h/c) in frustration, your chest starting to feel itchy and uncomfortable as you continued to read through the papers for what seems like the seventh time already.

The grey-haired boy only stared at you from a distance, his hands tightly clutching onto the edges of his paper with the same nervous expression as you. His cousin only leaned his back against the chair, his eyes peering over towards you with a frown present on his face.

· ✦─────── ☾ ───────✦ ·

"A parent conference?" Yutsuko asked, heaving up a massive stack of books on a nearby shelf. Her wrinkled smile brightened underneath the warm lights of her store, her eyes gleaming with hints of excitement. She struggled to pull herself down from the stool but was able to drop to the ground. She patted down her long skirt, the dirt and dust that had formed on the material falling to the wooden floor like grey snow. "Oh, it's one of those high school things where you pick your careers. I guess you're already at that time of year?"

You slowly nod to her question, wiping away the dirt from the ground with your wooden broom. "That's right. It's due in a couple of days but I don't know what to write down."