Ch. 86: A new era

Start from the beginning

"No. Honestly, Mia. I didn't know. Do you really think I'd knowingly invite someone who would bring back unwanted memories, and potentially ruin everything we've built up? No way. Not now, not ever. We've come too far. I wouldn't risk that for anything."

Mia smiled in a way that made me kiss her again. On the nose, this time.

"We've done a pretty good job getting our relationship back to where it was supposed to be from the beginning, don't you think?"

"Yeah," she smiled and cuddled even closer to me, to really show that she agreed.

"The many hours we spoke on the phone. All the texts. The thoughts and the wishes for the future..."

I drifted off for a moment, delving in the feelings of how things were back then. It was all so new and exciting. And now? It was way better than I could have hoped for.

"It took a lot of work to make things right again, but I think we managed pretty well. And we still have years to come to raise the bar."

"How is that even possible?" she asked, and my heart bloomed, having it confirmed that she felt the same way as me. Nevertheless, I knew we would come to different stages later that probably would top this time and time again. I was looking forward to that.

"So, your friendship with Gabby...?"

I could almost see her churning thoughts as they flashed through her expressive eyes. It started as a vague glimpse that spread to her lips, and a shadow of a smile grew wider and wider.

"Definitely something that needs to be worked on. But I know that in the end the bitch is worth it."

I giggled with her. The verbal jargon between the two of them was definitely something I needed time to get used to.

"The bitch is worth it," I reiterated with a chuckle. Then we laid in silence for a few minutes, while Mia kept drawing circles on my chest.

"Further down," I murmured, and noticed how a certain part of me was coming to life. And Mia did circle lower on my stomach a couple of times, just to tease. Only she didn't continue the way I hoped.

"We're not doing any of that as long as they are in the same house," she reasoned, hinting to Dickhead and Gabby.

"Awe, why not? They're probably down the hall doing the exact same thing right now."

"They're not!"

"Wanna bet?" I challenged. I was getting hornier by the second.

"I know Gabby probably wouldn't hesitate, but I think Benjamin would..."

"Oh, really?" I snorted. "Did you see him down there? He was in the bathroom three times jerking off thinking about you and Gabby making out, naked."

Mia blushed and hid her face.

"That's gonna haunt me forever, isn't it?"

I shrugged.

"I mean, it's one of the hottest things I've seen too."