Chapter 40: Modern Day Life Break Time Part Seven

Start from the beginning

"'Well, isn't that good, my son? You've found something that's worth the devotion of your whole life, right? Then go for it! You dropped out of school, that was fine because we thought, you know, school isn't everything, I didn't go there much actually, but if you drop out of life, I swear I'm gonna give you nice and long whooping that you'll never forget. So, go for it, and never go back on your own decisions!! That's what a man in the Natsuki family does!!'" Subaru shouted, coming to a pause again.

"And my mom would definitely go," He gave a few coughs and started talking in a more feminine voice. "'Mom will always be supporting you, Subaru. We will be very sad to never be able to meet our grandchildren, but if you promise Mom that you will first have a boy then a girl, I think I can be a bit happier. The world out there will be harsh, but we know that you will never give up. After all, we've seen you grow, we've seen you change, we've seen every part of your body, even what's between the crack of your buttcheeks, so we know what a great person you've become. So just go for it. We will always be cheering for you, Subaru.'" Subaru stopped again, clearing his throat.

"And on the day I go tell them that and leave, they'd be standing at the door, holding each other like a newly wedded couple as they always do, and say 'itterashai' to me, and I would, I swear, say 'ittekimasu!!' with the most heartwarming smile you'd ever see on Natsuki Subaru's face!!" Subaru said, and Emilia's eyes were rolling with tears. "So, don't worry about me, or my parents. They're the number one parents in the world after all, and as their number one child, I'll do my best to live up to their expectations!! I promise you that!!" Subaru shouted, pointing up at the ceiling with a determined look on his face.

Beatrice put her arms around Subaru's head and patting him gently. "As for Hinata, Aki, and Haruka, they'd probably kill me first if they ever found out that I choose to leave you behind. I know it'll hurt a lot when that final day comes, but they definitely would be there, shouting words of support at us! You know how they're like." He said, chuckling. If he told the girls that he wouldn't miss his three best friends after they parted, Subaru would be down right lying. The parting might be painful, but that was also the beginning of a new life. He knew they'd like it better that way. They'd like it the most that Subaru decided everything out of his free will. After all, the three all were the type of people who were not bounded by anyone, by anything. They were the freest among all.

Thinking that, Subaru smiled. "So, cheer up, Emilia-tan! I've sworn to myself! Man I say 'I swear' so often lately. I'll never leave you alone, even if that causes my life!" Subaru finished. Emilia was biting her lower lip, fighting back the tears. "Mou, Subaru..." She muttered at last, turning away and wiping her eyes on the sleeve of her yukata. Puck was patting her on the head while looking at Subaru with a very meaningful smile. On her left stood Ram, whose eyes looked as normal as ever, but the look she now showed Subaru told him that she had, just for a tiny little bit, been impressed by his determination.

"Ahaha, sorry for making the atmosphere all sad again. We were talking about this happy piece of news about our newly gained relationship, right, Bea-ko? Now I guess it's your turn to talk about what you wanted to say earlier." Subaru said, grinning, and Beatrice nodded. "*Sniff* Thank you, Subaru. S-So... what Betty wanted to say before was that... Betty wants to make it clear, Betty supposes." She said, turning to Rem, who'd been silent the whole time. The atmosphere changed a little as Beatrice initiated a new conversation.

"Betty knows that the younger... Betty means, Rem, is now taking Subaru's heart, and she respect both of your feelings, Betty supposes, but that doesn't mean that Betty will let you take Subaru all for yourself, in fact!! Betty is still expecting a lot of spoiling from Subaru, y-you know??" Beatrice said, pointing at Rem, who still didn't respond. "Haha... can't blame her. The change in the air might be too sharp..." Subaru said, laughing and scratching his face. Rem was looking down at her hands that were placed on her lap, her bangs covering her eyes so no one could really see what expression she was making now.