Extra 1.3

Ju Ming and Xiao Ruo

It was summer and the sun was brightly listing up the world, a boy, not more than twenty was seen sitting on a bench. He was exuding laziness yet it was like a painting of a beautiful man lounging on his seat. His hooded eyes hooked people's sight on him as he blinked, the butterfly-like lashes moved, and then he suddenly heard giggling from the side.

"You go"

"I'm shy"

Two young girls holding their phones were seen giggling and looking at the young man with interest. The other woman was about to walk up in his direction when he stood up and left the seat.

He didn't care about their awkward expression and just left the park without expression.

"A Ruo!" He heard someone calling his name, he looked behind and saw his friends as he walked his long limbs in their direction.

"A Ruo! Ai! Stop making that same expression! You're like a cold iceberg!" He heard his friend, Chen Bao Lin saying, he was still a fat man but his features and bright smile make up for it.

"Bao Lin!" Wan Wan glared at him and turned her head to him with an embarrassed smile. "Don't mind him, Ruo Xi, he was just joking with you" she then elbow Chen Bao Lin making him wince in pain as he nodded profusely.

"En" he simply replied, the three of them were still together along with her.

He never cares about their teasing of him, it was true, he has changed after learning of the incident that happened in his childhood.

He soon shed himself off that naivety and become more calm and mature like others. He doesn't want to get taken advantage of and learned to be more silent and calm when facing a situation.

"JuJu, you're finally here!" Wan Wan screamed and hugged JuJu.

His eyes fluttered to her figure, it was the same face and the same voice yet it was unfamiliar to him. Everyone else has told him that it was normal for girls to change especially when their in their teens but it was something that he frowned upon.

It was like she's someone else.

"Wan Wan, I missed you too" she softly remarked and flutter her eyes to him and smiled politely.

The two of them were close, glued to each other but now it feels like they're just acquaintances. The earlier closeness was nothing but a memory of the past.

The four of them walked out of the park and soon went inside the supermarket. They had planned to have a barbecue tonight to celebrate their graduation.

They are now preparing for college, meeting new people, and getting to know each other again was something that they have to redo in college. Everything will change, they each will take on a new path and maybe they will forget each other's existence. For today, they will sing their hearts out and celebrate another closed chapter of their life.

The two girls decided to buy the ingredients while the two guys were told to buy paper plates and utensils and prepare the place for their barbecue stand to set.

Ruo Xi, with his black expression, looked at the numerous things they have to buy for the barbecue celebration. They also have to buy and prepare some side dishes while the girls cook and make food.

He was about to take his phone when he was bumped by a person. The scent of flowers wafted in his nose and he felt the soft hair scratching his face from below.

"Oh, sorry" he looked down and saw a wan dressed in a white dress, her features were exquisite and the most prominent feature on her face is her bright, charming eyes.

"It's fine" he says and the girl left, he could still feel the girl's hair sticking on his face and the scent of flowers that never left his nose.

"A Ruo! I found it!" He turned his back and soon left the place where he was standing before and went to Chen Bao Lin's direction.

...

"Ju Ming, where are you- oh there you are" I look behind me and saw my mother with a worried expression in her eyes.

"Mom, I'm fine" I assured her, it's been like this after she saw me almost burning from the fever fourteen years ago. It's been a long time but she still remembers it vividly but for me, it was just a hazy blur.

"Oh shush, let mom see" she surveys me from head to toe, and after knowing that I was safe did she end her survey.

The two of us left the supermarket, my eyes unconsciously met the eyes of the young man who I accidentally bumped into. I soon averted my gaze ignoring the feeling of familiarity blooming in my heart before going inside the car.

Tomorrow, I have to prepare myself for college, I still have a lot of things to do since I planned to line there on campus.

I wanted to live outside my parent's home, it is indeed comfortable for me but I still wanted to experience the feeling of being a real adult.

Soon, the car rolled out and I put the familiar yet clearly stranger man in the back of my mind and focus on my preparation.

Two strangers never knowing the link that was woven in their fate met, well, soon enough they will meet in fates time.

***
The extra chapter is up!

Xiao Ruo and our female protagonist with a new name, Ju Ming, has finally met! Ahh!

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and happy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!