Chapter 6

Former

I woke up in the afternoon, the feeling of sticky sweat coating my body making me jolt awake. I sat up and rubbed my eyes while yawning out loud.

"Is our JuJu awake?" I heard shuffling from my back and saw Juan with a washed pink apron on and a spatula on her hand.

"Ju-mommy, what are you cooking?" 

"Friend rice and eggs!" She said as she tossed the rice up with ease.

I step out of the soft mattress and went to her side, my small frame couldn't even reach the stove making me feel frustrated.

She looked down and was about to take me in her arms when I run backward and took a plastic chair from the dining place, just around the corner.

This room is small, just enough for the two of us and there's only one room which is made for the bedroom. Once you open the door, you can see the living room, the kitchen on your left, and in that corner is where the dining place were two chairs, one small and big are arranged.

"Wow! Our JuJu is so smart!" Then she made an action as if she was about to kiss me and stopped. "Can mommy kiss JuJu?" She stooped down and met my eyes as she waited for my answer.

I felt conflicted, even if we've been together for a week and so (though my consciousness was in and out at that time) I still felt uncomfortable at this situation.

I'm not a 3-year-old child, I'm a woman in my early twenties. Besides that fact, she's my twin sister whom I do not remember and have not been with for the past twenty years of my life.

I also took part in her suffering and the fact that she's here with me, alive and breathing, and I'm here face to face with her as her daughter does not bode well with me.

But, as I have said before, I need to adapt so I can live, and if becoming a naive little daughter of her will do it, I'll be willing to.

And so I nod and was finally attacked with wet sloppy kisses on my cheeks making me screech.

I step down from the plastic chair and bolted to the restroom, splashed my cheeks with water, and scrubbed it with some soap.

Ugh!

I really hate this lifestyle of mine now!  We don't have a bathtub, even my washroom is much bigger than our whole room, and now I'm facing such a crisis that I've never felt before.

I really hate it!

I looked at the mirror, my former smooth and snow-white skin turned that of the color of wheat, my hair was not as luscious as it was and my body was too skinny. My clothes aren't that of a luxury brand and the things that I use are all from cheap stores.

But I admit, I still look beautiful but not as beautiful as the former me. Peach blossom eyes and curled full lashes and underneath that us a charming mole from insight eye. Lips plump and pink, clear cut features and an aura that elicits loveliness.

Juan on the other hand is a gentle and formidable person. Amidst her softness lay a sharp and determined attitude cultivated from her early years at the orphanage.

She's unlike any conventional beauty, her eyes are clear and pure, the same shape as I. Wheat-colored skin, rough and coarse hands, and can easily arouse pity and amazement from men.

Maybe it's also the reason why I hated her, maybe.

***
Chapter 6 is up!

Hope you like this chapter!

Update: I hate exams, I really do.

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!