Chapter 45

Acquaintance

Juan isn't still here, did something held her up, or did she forget the time? But I don't think she will since she's working for years and I doubt that a person who works so hard will overlook her time.

"JuJu? Is your mommy here? I want to pee" Xiao Ruo whispered making me bite my lips to stop the scream from letting out of my lips.

Seriously?! I'm not the nanny in here! Ugh! I'm not this child's child taker, I don't want to see his pee-pee argh!

Juan! Where are you!?

"Sorry JuJu and Xiao Ruo!" Thank goodness she's here or else Xiao Ruo would really have to wait here and pee on his own.

He's a big boy now, he can pee on his own, he certainly does not need me there.

"I want to pee" Xiao Ruo cried out making Juan hurried on her feet and she scooped him out of his seat and shouted behind. "Yu Han! Take care of JuJu okay? I'll be right back" then she was off, leaving me with a stranger.

Yu Han? I don't think I know who this guy is. Is this Juan's suitor? Is it her friend or someone from her old work?

"Hello JuJu" he looks good though but he's still a stranger, well, kids shouldn't talk to strangers but I'm not a kid.

"Who are you?" I should gather enough forces to make my tiny self serious and look at him as an enemy, even more so if it's proven that he's Juan's suitor.

He can't get to Juan's happy ever after or else I'll stay as a kid forever and that's not ideal for me.

"I'm your mother's friend"

"Hmph, my mother didn't tell me!" Sorry gentle looking guy, I can't wait for myself to fail and smile upon you.

"I really am your mother's friend" he insisted gently but I just stared right back at him.

The two of us stared at each other until Juan came in with a comfortable-looking Xiao Ruo on her tow.

"Mommy!" I ran off in her direction and look vigilant at the stranger that Juan just introduced and mind you, thrown me with.

"He's not a stranger JuJu, he's my friend from my childhood"

Moments like this make me feel the cruelty of time, how the love and care that I get from my parents was nonexistent in Juan's life.

How she lived as an orphan with no parents like those abandoned children yet she could still have a complete family if it wasn't for those traffickers.

"Oh" I can only mutter making Juan laughed. We soon get in the car of this stranger guy well not anymore and proceeds to our house.

We soon reached our house and Xiao Ruo, with his hands clasped in mine, walked alongside me.

We then sat down at the table and saw a sumptuous meal made by Juan. Oxtail soup fresh from the kitchen with its mouth-watering aroma then some beef dim sum was placed on a plate alongside a pot of white fluffy looking rice.

My stomach rumbles making Juan chuckled and the man, Yu Han, laughed alongside her. Hmm, fishy, it seems like I have to watch this guy more.

We were still eating at that time when Yu Han's phone rang alerting him. He went out of the door and smiled apologetically to us before. It didn't take too long for he went inside and told Juan he was needed in the company.

"I'll show you out then" Juan said and showed him out of the house leaving me and Xiao Ruo inside.

Meanwhile, Xiao Ruo looked at me then avert his gaze to a wall then looked at me again.

"What?" He's been doing it a lot of times, there must be something on his mind now.

"Is he your daddy JuJu?"

"No! He's not my daddy!" I severely reject his words, I know who JuJu's father is and it's certainly not him.

"Then where is your daddy?" He doesn't sound like he's mocking me or teasing me for not having a father just asked for simple curiosity.

"He... He's away but he'll come back.  I'll make sure of that!" Of course, I will, I don't want to be a kid forever!

"Oh, then... then I'll help you!"

No need.

"Thank you gege! You're the best!" I looked at him in awe and decided to leave tell him my true thoughts else he feels hurt by my bluntness.

The two of us didn't notice the surprise in Juan's eyes nor saw the tears falling from her cheeks.

***
Chapter 45 is up!

I feel dizzy, ugh.

Have a great day and stay safe!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!