Chapter 38

Visit

Saturday morning and now we're out to visit Grandma Ye bringing fruits and baked goods that Juan prepared before. Juan decided to visit Grandma Ye in our previous house along with Xiao Ruo who, like the naive dog he is, whined to come.

He Yan and Wu Rong Heng seem to be away for a long time, I haven't seen their shadows and therefore approved of Xiao Ruo's nosy and naughty way.

"Are we there yet?" I heard him ask a million times and I am this close to losing my patience and throw him out of this plane.

Yes, we're on a plane since going back to our previous place will take us three days. Besides we have Xiao Ruo with us and we still have school so Butler Shao, my favorite butler, has already given us business tickets for an airplane trip.

"We're not there yet gege" I said through gritted teeth, it's not just him who's beginning to feel uncomfortable sitting for hours on the plane.

"Why don't you two sleep first? We still have an hour left" Juan gently said, great idea Juan! It's been hours and my throat is already sore from chatting with him.

If he wasn't so beautiful I would really have thrown him in the plane for interrupting my beauty sleep.

"Okay.... but call me when you get here okay?" I nodded in haste and forced him to sleep before closing my eyes as well.

I really hope we reach there fast or else my brain cells would suffer from an onslaught of mind-blowing questions from Xiao Ruo.

...

True to my words, the moment I opened my eyes I saw the familiar road towards our previous house. Xiao Ruo was still out sleeping in Juan's lap while she remained sober, looking at the streets with nostalgia.

"Mommy?"

"Oh, JuJu's awake hm? Here, drink this" she gave me a bottle of warm milk, of course, this car was built-in with a mini-refrigerator and a heater above it.

I took a sip and watched the car turn into another corner, I saw the playground where we and Xiao Ruo first met. Huh, I've been here for a long time and I have adapted well. I have already taken the first step and have inlaid some seeds, I just have to pluck them out at the right time.

"We're here" I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that we've stopped on the familiar dilapidated apartment.

The crowd has their eyes on our arriving var, each of them has the look of gossip in their eyes as their mouths get busy questioning who the people inside are.

The doors opened and Juan came out, I jumped out and take the hands of the still drowsy Xiao Ruo and we strode to the door.

"Oho, she's a rich lady now huh?" A woman with slanted eyes looks at Juan in envy and contempt.

"Must have gotten herself acquainted with a man" a thin woman together with the slanted woman said in mocking.

Juan's eyes didn't shake, her expressions remained neutral as she passed those ladies munching on melon seeds.

"Auntie my teacher said it's bad to gossip, auntie you're a bad person!" I shouted making the two women have dark expressions.

"This brat- who are you calling bad?!"

"Uwaa! Mommy! Someone is bullying me!" I cried out, loud enough for the people on the sidelines to hear and murmured about the woman who shouted at me.

Xiao Ruo cried as well, maybe it's because he was affected by my cries. The two of us wailed making the people turned their eyes on the two women with now red faces.

"JuJu! Don't cry, okay?" She soothed me and wiped my tears before turning her back to curse out to those two women. "My child is not a brat and if you two are truly curious about my life then you can just ask me, you don't need to make up stories just to satisfy your curiosity"

Dang! You go, Juan! Beat those sharp tongue ugly women!

The two women fled with their tails tuck on their legs, but before that, I saw their faces redden so much making me satisfied with the revenge I made. Even if Juan was still polite and said those words without cursing, they had truly slap those two women to death.

Ha! Take that! Nobody would dare to bully me!

"What's the matter, why is JuJu crying?"

I heard the familiar voice of Grandma Ye and turned to her shooting aggrieved.

"Grandma!"

***
Chapter 38 is up!

How is it? Juan can now fight those shrews since she never wanted to feel inferior again! But of course, she's still a bit polite at them, she still has that reservedness.

Anyways, have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE

Thank you!