Chapter 56

Stage

The lights almost blinded me as they pointed at us, the cheers from in front were so loud it could pierce our eardrums, and just standing here on this stage brings me exhilaration.

I look to my right and see Xiao Ruo biting his lips, his eyes held curiosity and apprehension, his hands tight against mine.

With that, I look to my front and see the four judges smiling at us in fondness. I can already see the hearts inside their eyes making me want to smirk at them.

I just knew the high profile people like those actors and singers would surely gush at kids and bring adorableness to the stage.

"Hello! My, what cute two little kids" Jiang He, known as a senior stage actress and very popular in her roles as a grandmother and mother in several indie movies commented.

I slightly pulled at Xiao Ruo's hands indicating for him to look at me as I mouthed the word greeting.

"Hello, Judges!" Two crisp voices rang across the arena making the whole crowd gush in awe at their cuteness.

"So cute!"

"Ahh! I also want to have a cute child like those two!"

"I wish I look like them when I was a child!"

I didn't hear those comments from below but Juan and Yu Han did which resulted in a smile from them. Just was glad to see positive reactions from the audiences.

"Why are your names?" A smooth and gentle voice cut in making the girls from behind screech as they scream his name.

"Kya! Han-ge!"

"I'm going to give birth to several monkeys for you Han-ge!"

Yang Liu Han or most well-known as Han-ge by his devoted fans, a male idol, and a practitioner of martial arts.

"My name is JuJu!" I said first before Xiao Ruo seconded.

"My name is Ruo Ruo!" Then we both gave them a bow and smiled and once again the crowds hushed at the sight of us.

"Well then, what will JuJu and Ruo Ruo do for us?" Mei Jing Jing, a very popular actress with high traffic on Weibo asked, her eyes were like diamonds shining against the lights.

"Ahh! My Jing Jing is such a goddess!"

"Mortals cannot come close with a goddess or else you'll suffer fatality!"

I showed my pearly whites and answer. "We're going to act!" Xiao Ruo on my side nodded vigorously.

"Acting? Well, let's see then!" An old man with such robust spirit said it was Cong Mu Fang, a professional director with many film awards stationed in his career.

With his words, I began to feel enthusiastic and look at Xiao Ruo. He blinks his eyes at me and so I lower my head and whispered.

"Don't worry, you just say your lines and remember to be pretty okay?"

"Okay"

The two didn't know that there are mics plastered on their clothes, well did JuJu really not know? The judges as well as the boom of the audience in laughter, they only associated that funny mistake as their ignorance of the mics on their clothes.

With that funny segment, the two of them started their act. Xiao Ruo lay on the ground, his eyes shut tight as JuJu ran towards his direction in tears.

"My princess, oh, wake up!"

The crowd burst into laughter realizing that the little boy is acting like a maiden in distress.

"Zzzzzz" Xiao Ruo mumbled making the crowd smiled at their innocent actions.

"Oh no! My princess cannot wake up?! Oh no! What should this prince do?" JuJu pretended to think, her forehead scrunched up and her hands on her chin, and then she jumped.

With her abrupt action, Xiao Ruo unconsciously opened his eyes but then see her acting so he closed it quickly. The crowd with keen eyes saw his actions and felt funny in their hearts.

"I know what to do! I must ask my fairy grandmother!" So she ran to the end of the stage and stared at Jiang He. "Fairy godmother Jiang He, what would I do to wake up my princess?"

Jiang He was abruptly called out by the cute witty girl smiled and replied.

"I think the prince should first try to wake up the beautiful princess" they all know what to do to wake up the 'princess' that was asleep but didn't say it.

"Thank you Fairy godmother Jiang He!" She then proceeds to wake up Xiao Ruo but alas, he did not wake up.

"Oh no! The Princess isn't still awake! Then I must call my older brother prince Han-ge!" JuJu went back to the edge of the stage and called out for Han-ge.

"Older brother prince Han-ge! What should I do to wake my princess up?"

"My brother" Han-ge went along with her actions which made all the girls shout in unison. "You should shout at the top of your lungs for him to wake up"

"Thank you Older brother prince Han-ge!" Then she moves forward to Xiao Ruo's place and then shouts for his name so loud but to no avail, he did not wake up.

So she runs to the edge once more and shouted for her sister-in-law, Princess Jing Jing from another kingdom.

"Princess Jing Jing from another kingdom, please help me wake up your younger sister!"

Jing Jing pursed her cupid bow lips and nodded at her in earnest, then she held her hand on her chin making several of her fans capture that scene.

"Well, I suggest to tickle him in his waist, he surely would wake up then" she advises which JuJu did in no time and as for the third time, it did not work.

"This is the last time, I hope that the wise old man Cong Mu Fang will be able to give me an answer!" She then reaches the end and blinks her eyes at Cong Mu Fang who suddenly rose from his seat.

"Oh, what have you come here for?" He said in a deliberately rough and old voice earning a laugh from the judges.

"I have come here wise old man Cong Mu Fang to get answers! My princess, Ruo Ruo of the other kingdom has fallen into a curse that lets him sleep for a long time! I have come here for advice!"

Cong Mu Fang stilled and then used his pen and paper that was placed on his front before answering.

"I have read from the fates, you, prince JuJu should lay a true loves kiss from your princess Ruo Ruo"

At that time, the crowd begins to look forward at the two little kids spreading dog food to them single dogs.

"I will try anything to save my princess from the curse!" She said in solemnity before reaching Xiao Ruo who has his lashes fluttering.

Then she places a kiss on his cheek and like the fourth tries, it did not wake him up. The crowd also murmured in confusion, they did not know that they began to feel invested in the story of those two kids.

"Aha! I know what to do now!" JuJu said before she turns around and took something from her back.

Turns out it was a piece of bread and then she decided to hang it in front of Xiao Ruo who rose into sleep.

"The end!" Then the two of them bowed.

At that time, the crowd and the judges didn't know whether to laugh or cry at these two kids. But whatever their reactions are, it was all positive and they all simultaneously clapped for them.

***
Chapter 56 is up!

This was a very long chapter hahaha

Anyway, have a great day and stay safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!