<~Infirmary~>

<Marco's P.O.V>

I was sleeping to the calm waves of the ocean when I heard loud footsteps like they were running and what sounded like clashing of blades. I brushed it off since I thought I was just dreaming about it. I then woke up when I heard what I thought I was Thatch yelling. From what I could hear from the muffled yells was "Hey! Don't you dare fucking die on me right now your stronger than this!" That was when I started to worry a little.

It didn't sound like a dream anymore. After the footsteps silenced I got out of bed and went over to pop's room to wake him up. While I was walking many things came to my head Who was Thatch talking to? What happened? Was Angst hurt or someone else? Me being the overprotective brother I am my first few thoughts were about Angst since I knew how reckless she is.

I got to pop's room and knocked on the door loud enough for pops to hear it. I heard blankets moving so I knew he heard. Opening the door pops looked at me with a confused face.

"What are you doing up so late Marco and why come to me about it?"

I closed the door then answered.

"I thought I heard the clashing of blades and footsteps and for some reason Thatch yelling something." I paused for a moment before continuing.

"From what I was able to hear was "Hey! Don't you fucking die on me right now your stronger than this!" but that was what I was able to hear. I had a feeling he and the other person went to the infirmary." I then said. Pops had a questionable look on his face like he was debating to believe it or not.

"Oh really? Well do you want to go look in the infirmary then?"

"To make me feel better yes. I want to know that it wasn't my sister that got hurt." I said looking away. Pops chuckled quietly then got up and went to the door and opened it. I followed him and we went to the infirmary in silence.

<Whitebeard's P.O.V>

"To make me feel better yes. I want to know that it wasn't my sister that got hurt." Marco had said which made me chuckle. I said nothing while getting up and going to the door, leaving the room with Marco. Now that Marco brought up Angst his sister it made me worry a bit, she is my daughter and knowing that she might've been the one hurt makes me worry. What if it was Angst that got hurt? No I know how strong she is she couldn't have been the one hurt, right?

I could feel Marco getting anxious, he cares about Angst just as much as I do. I mean he considers her his sister. When we got to the infirmary Thatch turned around quickly and put on a guilty smile.

"Hey Marco, Pops-" Marco cut him off.

"What the hell happened and why is Angst in the bed?" Marco said he sounded very irritated and it showed. I looked to Thatch and he just blinked thinking of what to say. Marco looked past Thatch and saw his sister and quickly started working on her while still waiting for a response from Thatch.

"Ah what the hell there's no way out of this now." Thatch said. Thatch explained everything that happened from getting the books in the library to running to the infirmary with Angst. By the time he finished Marco finished wrapping up Angst and put her into stable condition.

<Thatch's P.O.V>

I was terrified for my life. Telling pops and Marco what happened felt like I was gonna be killed if I don't say anything. The two just looked at me blinking for a bit and we sat in silence. After a while it got awkward, until Marco broke the silence.

"Did this "Shadow" eat the devil fruit?" I left out the fact that I kept the fruit safe from this shadow. I shook my head no.

"Well thats good to hear." Was all pops said. Thank god they weren't pissed off I would've been dead if they were mad.

"How long until Angst wakes up?" I asked Marco.

"Most likely tomorrow with how her powers were slowly healing her."

I nodded. Knowing that Angst survived made me happy but I still felt guilty that I wasn't able to help her. We all sat in silence just looking at Angst and her resting face until we heard footsteps. We turned towards the door to see Haruta. Haruta just stared at Angst then us.

"What happened?"

"Long story short Angst was slashed in the back." Was what Marco said. I saw Haruta visibly cringe to that.

"That's one way to put it, How is she right now?"

"Stable, She would mostly likely wake up tomorrow because of her power." Pops answered. He nodded and sat down next to me and just stared at her.

<Third Person P.O.V>

A few hours passed, Haruta and Thatch fell asleep while Whitebeard and Marco stayed up. They were worried about Angst even though she is in a stable position. Light cracked through the window of the infirmary and that was when Marco woke up the two sleepy heads and the four left the infirmary to start the day.

Nobody seemed to ask about Angst or what happened last night, they must've not heard it. The four thought. Nobody wondered about Angst because she always wakes up late. The day was normal. It felt like any other day. Though the other four thought different. They were all anxious for Angst's awakening.

While Angst was still in the infirmary healing, and somehow wasn't noticed by anyone passing the room. The nurses were trying to get pops to stop drinking since he can't hold up his drinking like he used to. Marco noticed that Teach wasn't anywhere to be found, he started to think. Wait if Teach isn't here and nobody saw him leave or talk to him then... No. I need to tell pops.