<~The Shadow~>

<Third Person P.O.V>

It was around 10 PM, Thatch and Angst were the only ones still awake. The two went the the library to get a few books on devil fruits and what to know about them.

"Look for book that have titles that go along with "Devil Fruits" or anything of that nature got it?" Angst said

"Yeah yeah a book with the title of "Devil Fruits" got it." Thatch answered kinda drowsily.

Angst sighed and the two went right to work with finding books about devil fruits. After a while they collected a good amount of books for devil fruits some being "The Book of Devil Fruits" or "Facts of the Devil Fruits". Both of them grabbed the books and went to Thatch's room.

"Okay, look for pictures that look close to the fruit." Angst instructed and Thatch nodded as the two went to work finding the fruit. It's was now around 10:40 when Angst found the fruit.

"I found it!"

"Well what's it called? What does it do?"

"The Yami Yami No Mi translation dark-dark fruit. You can control darkness with this fruit!"

"That's sounds badass I might just keep it now." Angst chuckled to that.

"Well dig in, I doubt anybody else wants it."

Thatch was about to take a bite into the fruit when a shadow appeared behind Thatch.

Angst eyes widened.

"Thatch! Look out!"

Thatch dodged just in time with the fruit still in his arms without it being damaged. Angst took the fight into her own hands. She didn't think she would need her dragon ability so she just took out he sword and it flowed red.

"Who the hell are you?!" as the two blades crashed Angst asked and the shadow didn't respond to her.

<Angst's P.O.V>

"Who the hell are you?!" I asked as we clashed blades but the shadow didn't respond which I expected. It had a knife and it tried attacking me with it. Thankfully I blocked it. We went at it for a while, blocking each others blades while attacking each other. When the shadow somehow managed to get behind me when I wasn't looking and it slashed my back.

"Angst! Dammit!" Thatch cursed under his breath.

"I'm fine just eat the fruit!" I yelled as I continued to fight the shadow. The shadow ran outside and made itself visible while running to the end of the deck and threw itself onto a boat and started to escape.

"Oh hell no your not going anywhere!" I shouted as my hand turned into black fire. I wanted to know who attempted this, but I wasn't quick enough to see who it was when they became visible.

"Black Fist!" The black fist managed to hit the ship and I wasn't able to see what happened after that since I crashed to the ground. It started to get blurry but I saw the outline of Thatch picking me and running to the infirmary. After that I blacked out.

<Thatch's P.O.V>

I was still in my room just sitting on the ground out of shock while I watched Angst run out the door following the shadow. I grew worried because of Angst's wound on her back. It looked deep. Looking down at the fruit I was debating on eating it quickly then running out and helping Angst but I decided against it. I threw it on my bed and ran out the door to catch up to Angst and the shadow. When I got to the deck I saw Angst throwing a black fist made of black fire to the ship and shadow. I didn't pay attention to the shadow since I saw Angst dropping to the ground.

"Angst!" I ran to her out of worry and concern. I got on my knees and picked her up bridal style and ran to the infirmary.

"Hey! Don't you fucking dare die on me right now your stronger than this!"I whisper yelled to her, I knew she was trying to hang on. Looking down at Angst I saw how pale her skin became. Her eyes were trying to stay open but they were struggling and I was able to tell of that. I looked up from her and saw the infirmary doors. I slammed the door open and placed her down on one of the beds softly. I think I might've woken someone up, I heard foot steps coming from a bed room. I woke up the worst person to wake up at this moment.

Marco.

I was relieved since I knew he was good with medical equipment and knew what to do but it scared me that it was him that woke up knowing how protective he is of his sister. Crap Marco is gonna kill me was all I was able to think about. As the footsteps came closer to the infirmary I hoped for the best. I turned around and that's when I saw Marco and pops. How the hell did I wake up pops and not anybody else other than Marco. I though while deadpanning. Both of them looked annoyed at how loud I was being running around the ship but when they saw Angst that's when they understood why and they both became worried.

"Hey Marco, Pops-" I was cut off by Marco.

"What the hell happened and why is Angst in the bed."

This is where I might die.