Chapter 32:The Confession At Church

POV Alessandra

POV Alessandra

I stared outside the window, such dull atmosphere not long ago did my father's second in command arrive to take them home. I had stood in the same position ever since, I suddenly felt more interested in the droplets of rain then the clench in my heart. I began to feel numb and stupid had I been a fool to who I had fallen in love with.

My eyes had become dried from the tears of being betrayed, cheated and torn. I had no reasons to justify his doings, I wanted to justify the kiss I had witnessed with my bare eyes. How could I justify something I saw, not heard but witnessed.

The low cautious footsteps approached me, she had no idea if it was the right thing to do. It made me wonder since when did Paige ever react so cautiously. I knew it was her, I did not need to turn to smell the musty, florals scent which covered her.

"I would like you to arrange me a car to go to the church, you must accompany me so grab an umbrella or an rain coat." I spoke without any emotions as I turned and walked towards my wardrobe, I did not wait for an response I was too tired and wanted peace.

"I will ask permission from Sir Nikolaev." I snapped my head towards her which made her raise her hand surrendering and take a step back.
"Paige I would do as I say, arrange me a car." I spoke sternly, she nodded her head and rushed out of the room. I exhaled my breath, the name I was trying to to say had been said again.

I grabbed the silk rain cloak and wrapped it around my neck, I let the hood fall back and began to make my way out of the door.
My eyes roam the living room in hopes to find Paige, but sigh as I do not. My head snap towards the window where I hear a loud horn.

Walk out of the mansion I narrow my eyes looking at the black Range Rover, with tinted windows. This car was Petrov's I had seen him drive it a thousand times.

"That's our car." I snap my head behind me as I heard the voice of Paige, she had a huge umbrella in her hand.
"This car-." My words were cut short as she began to drag me towards the car, I allowed her to drag me as I did not know what to say I was still confused how she had been allowed petrov's personal car instead of an normal car.

"I want to sit in the passenger seat, so my love your at the back." She spoke turning me to face while continuing to push me back, struggling to say a word I allowed her to continuously push me around. She opened the door and pushed me inside without letting me utter another word.

I let out a sigh and turned my face only to freeze when I saw who was sitting beside me...you have got to be kidding. I glared at him, sitting right in the edge to be away from him. I had a feeling Paige had done this purposely. My body stiffened even more, at this point I did not realise that was even possible. But when I heard the door click lock and stood out side with an ugly smirk whist waving her hands I knew for sure she had just played me dirty.

"Open the door." I said to the driver, who ignored me. I heard the car roar to live, making my attempt at opening the door futile.
"Leave the door handle alone, Alessandra." I froze hearing Petrov's voice, I had avoided him after what I had witnessed. Just thinking about it made my heart sore.

"Let me out." I turned my head and looked at him sternly, my glare piercing into his eyes. He looked away facing the front window and instructed the driver to continue to drive.
"Can anyone tell me where we are going?" I asked, no more like yelled. We had exited the mansion, and as I looked back, the further we went the house began to disappear until we could no longer see it.

"Paige told me you wanted to go to the church, so I'm taking you." I arched my eyebrows at him, I had not once seen Petrov attending any mass or even attending church. I went silent leaning my body on to my seat.
"Paige could have taken me, you did not need to disturb yourself." I said after a long period of silence, from the corner of my eyes I could see him stiffen, his eyes looked out of his window but I could see the frown on his lips.

"I wanted to." I became silent at his words, turning my face to look at him. I watched as he turned his face away from the window and looked me in the eyes, it was for the first time in a while I was able to see the look of love, confusion and pain.

The drive has come to a stop, as I looked outside my eyes came to stop at the cathedral. Hearing the door unlock, I sighed throwing a glare at the driver before opening door and exiting the car.

As we walked into the church, the benches had already been filled with people which made us stand in the back. I listened as the pope spoke, hearing the story of Jesus.

"I love you." I stiffened hearing his voice, I frowned and looked down at my shoes.
"Well, I don't love you." I stated sternly, shifting on my feet.
"You should not be lying in front of God, especially in such holy place." I froze as he said that, I bit my lower lips sending him a quick glare.

As we approached the pope after he was finished, I lit up a candle making a wish to secure and give safety to all my loved ones.

"Petrov, son it's been a while since I last saw you." The pope said giving Petrov a hug, my eyes widened at this interaction. I was not aware the pope knew him.
"I do apologies, I have been busy with work." Petrov replied to which the pope frowned but nodded his head, his eyes then turned and settled on me.

"And who might this be?" The pope asked, I gave him a small smile to which he returned.
"My wife, Alessandra." My smile widened hearing my name, it felt good to have my identity back. I could feel Petrov staring at me as he said it.

"My blessings are with you both, there are many challenges in marriage but you must help each other and overcome those barriers." The pope said which made me look at Petrov, there were so many barriers that it made me wonder if it was even possible to over come them.