The Void

One night Sonic was at the Great Unknown.

"Man! Something about this sure looks...whoa!" Sonic said then grunted and pulled a Power Ring out of his backpack as he was pulled into the Void. "Outta here!" he said. "Nice try Ro-butt-nik, but you lose!" he said then saw something on the ground. "Whoa. Seriously weird." he said and picked it up. "Hmm. Maybe Sal can figure it out. Pedal to the metal time!"

Inside the Void.

"Such superb speed..." Naugus said then the image in his crystal changed to Sally. "...and such a fine mind. Interesting."

At Knothole Village that night.

"Nicole, do we have another perspective?" Sally asked.

"Negative, Sally." Nicole said.

"Additional data?"

"Negative, Sally."

"Hey, guys!" Sonic said.

"Heya, sugar-hog!" Bunnie said.

"What's up?" Knuckles asked.

"Hi, Sonic!" Sally said.

"Sal, remember that portal thing Ari got sucked into?" Sonic asked.

"You mean the Void?"

"Yeah, the Void. I was kickin' across the Great Unknown and this mondo crack opens up in the ground; tries to suck me in. I found this."

"Oh my gosh. Sonic, your timing is amazing. This ring is from the Mandaras."

"The what?" Knuckles asked.

"The Mandaras. A legendary race of giants I've been researching. This is the first proof that they actually exist." Sally said and kissed him. "Thank you, Sonic!"

"Aw, no prob, Sal." he said.

Then a dove landed on the window, delivering a message to them.

"Hmm... mail from Uncle Chuck." Bunnie said.

"Well what's it say?" Knuckles asked.

"Robotnik planning something big. Send Sonic."

"Out of here!" Sonic said and sped away.

"Wait up!" Knuckles said and ran after him.

Bunnie shook her head.

"Those three are their own family." she said. "When Tails is a real Freedom Fighter they'll be ever closer!"

"Nicole, translation please." Sally said.

"Characters incongruous to historical era, Sally. High probability of artifact falsification. Ambient energies detected. Caution recommended." Nicole said.

"What the heck did she say?" Bunnie asked.

"It could be a fake. Well, a display can't hurt anything. Activate please, Nicole." Sally said and Nicole put up a holographic display. "Hmm. That's the symbol for 'estolia', then 'nalia' and 'bronsha'."

Then the "ring" glowed red.

"Oh my stars!" Bunnie said.

They screamed as they were bathed in red light. Then they were paralyzed as they floated out of Knothole Village.

At Robotropolis Sonic and Knuckles were at Chuck's hideout.

"Snively, study the Doomsday Project information I sent you. I expect your analysis at the next command meeting." Robotnik said.

"All his commanders are in on it, Sonic, Knuckles. That worries me!" Chuck said.

"Doomsday Project?" Knuckles said.