Sonic and Sally

The sky was dark-red when a Hover Unit flew by. Elsewhere in Robotropolis, Sonic, Knuckles, Sally and Bunnie were standing in a fog, causing Bunnie to cough.

"Oh! Don't you just love all this fresh air?" she said.

"Yeah, about as much as I love Robuttnik." Sonic said.

"The best kind of air." Knuckles said.

Sally worked on NICOLE while Bunnie rummaged through Sonic's backpack.

"Arm cannisters, NICOLE." Sally said.

"Arming, Sally." Nicole said.

Bunnie placed a cannister in Sonic's backpack, which already has 3. They all light up.

"Cannisters armed." Nicole said.

"You're all loaded, sugar-hog." Bunnie said.

"Cool, synchronize the ole' watches." Sonic said.

Sonic, Knuckles, Sally and Bunnie looked at their watches and put their arms out, activating a timer together.

"Okay, meet you at the usual. If anybody's late, jam back to Knothole. Check?" Sonic said.

"Check." Bunnie, Sally and Knuckles said.

"Good luck, y'all!" Bunnie said as she ran off.

"Let's do it, to it." Sonic and Sally said then shared a secret handshake and gave a thumbs up.

Then Sonic put down a hand and Knuckles put his on Sonic's.

"GO TEAM SONIC!" they said.

Later Swat-bots were guarding an immense entrance of Swatbot factory. Crane machinery was moving inside. Nearby, behind a pile of scrap metal, Sonic did some sleuthing. The Swat-bots were accompanied by security cameras at the entrance.

"Must've forgot the welcome mat. Gotta find another way in." he said.

Knuckles looked around and saw a large ship entering a port at the top of the factory. Then he grabbed a piece of metal and threw it at the security camera, destroying it. The Swat-bots noticed and vacate the entrance to investigate, giving Sonic time to enter the area.

"Juice time!" Sonic said and they ran up the side of the building beside the entrance and entered the port, which was full of garbage.

Then they stopped as they hit an edge and looked down at a vat of a hot liquid. Another ship came and pushed the garbage further into the port and toward the edge.

"What?!" they said together.

"Bad move, hedgehog! Mondo bad move!" Sonic said.

The scrap metal pushed them with it as parts of the scrap pile fall into the vat of hot liquid.

"We're outta here!" Sonic said and grabbed Knuckles' hand.

Before they fell over the edge, Knuckles jumped at a bucket hanging over the vat, hanging onto a rope suspending it. A crane, which was holding the bucket and rope, moved aside with them in tow. Below, Sonic saw a conveyor belt assembly line for Swatbots.

Back in Robotropolis Bunnie stopped running at a red panel then looked around and saw a Hover Unit approach. She ducked, but the Hover Unit computer in the shuttle detected her.

"Alert, Alert. Organic lifeform detected." a Swatbot said and slapped the control panel.

"Don't bother. Substation electricity interferes with heat sensor. Ignore." another Swatbot said and the Hover Unit continued on as Bunnie stood up and looked.