Neither of the two replied to him, but Mrs. Jeon did nod her head in his direction while Mr. Jeon flat out ignored his presence. 

Even though Mrs. Jeon bitterly resented same sex relationships and the entire concept of homosexuality, it was probably the motherly instinct within her that encouraged her to try and understand her son. She had witnessed Jungkook's broken state the previous night, and that was what led her to try and sympathize with Jungkook. Because no matter what, a mother would always remain a mother, and the last thing she would want to see is her child feeling broken because of her. 

Keeping her son in mind, she decided to start a small talk with Taehyung.

She spoke, "So Taehyung, how old are you?"

"Uh, I'm 22."

"You go to the same university as Jungkook's?"

"Yes ma'am, I do."

"How did you two meet?" From under the table Mrs. Jeon could feel her husband kicking her leg, indicating her to stop talking to the boy. The somewhat silent but audible grunt that Mr. Jeon let out conveyed the same message to Taehyung and Jungkook. But Mrs. Jeon kept going. Maybe this wasn't that bad after all, the boy seemed to be nice.

"We actually met online. I accidently texted him thinking he was my friend. We started talking, and met in person when we realized we attended the same university." Taehyung narrated the story very briefly, missing out on some major points he would have included had he been talking to someone else. But this amount of information was enough, enough for Mrs. Jeon to get a basic idea of what had happened.

"That's interesting." She commented and then no one spoke. An awkward silence enveloped around them as they silently ate before Mr. Jeon spoke. 

"Jungkook, tell your little friend here to leave. I need to talk to you about the business, it's confidential."

Jungkook looked towards Taehyung with a wavering gaze but before Jungkook could utter a single word, Taehyung was already getting up and leaving. He slightly brushed his fingertips along Jungkook's back to assure him that he was alright and did not feel offended.

As he walked towards his room, he made a mental note to never keep his expectations too high with Jungkook's parents. They were unpredictable and Taehyung did not want to be disappointed.

Outside, in the dining room, Mr. Jeon cleared his throat, "Jungkook, I believe you're 21 now. You're a full grown adult, and it's high time you join the family business." Mr. Jeon paused, giving Jungkook a moment to object him if he wanted to. 

And Jungkook did, "But dad, I'm still in university-"

Mr. Jeon cut his sentence and frowned as he waved his hand in the air, dismissing the point as if was irrelevant and unimportant, "You don't need to go to university son, I've told you so many times. You know you're going to be the next CEO of Jeon Corp. so why are you wasting your time?" 

Mr. Jeon breathed to continue talking, not expecting Jungkook to speak up but Jungkook quickly did before his father started speaking again. "Dad, I can't be the CEO of one of the biggest companies in South Korea without a proper education."

Mr. Jeon was about to speak, most likely to counter Jungkook's point, but sighed as he realized what Jungkook had said was right. So he just settled on saying, "Aren't your vacations going to start soon? Winter break or whatever? I don't need you for long, just a few weeks. I want to give you a small introduction on how we work."

Jungkook gulped. He wasn't going to object this point. He thought it was pretty reasonable, especially if he was going to join his father's company.

"Yeah, the break starts in 10 days."

Mr. Jeon happily clapped, "Okay perfect! I'll just briefly explain to you our functioning and introduce you to our major partners."

Jungkook nodded his head, "Where will you do this Dad?" He felt the need to ask the question because the company had various branches in different cities all across the world. That was the reason why his parents never stayed with him, they were always travelling, jumping from one country to another.

"You just need to come to the States with me for a month."

"What?!" Jungkook exclaimed, his eyes growing wide. 

Before anything else, the first thing his mind told him was that there was no way he could go to the United States of America, literally on the other side of the world in the month of December. And definitely not for the entire month.

It was Taehyung's 23rd birthday and Taehyung and his 1 year anniversary.

'Fuck.' He thought. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Tuesday Update!!!

Guys I'm tired 🥺

Anyways, thank you so so much for all your lovely responses on my chapters! Reading your comments always makes me feel better and instantly leaves a smile on my face 🥺💜

This is just a small, filler chapter but I hope you liked it!

Thank you so much for reading! I love you 💜❤

Take care lovelies

Stay safe, Stay home

~Love,
TheTaeBTSLover ✨❤❤