My eyes trail to the window, the morning sky had taken over. Why would I break out now? Father never like a simple escape. No, I'll break out in the middle of the day, where the most cops are in the station. Ignoring rude comments from my neighboring cells, I lay down on my stomach.

My head rests against the brick wall, blocking out the noise by closing my eyes. Childhood memories surface again, ones from my first experience with the GCPD.

A young girl let out a piercing high pitched shriek, seeing a bloody corpse drop before her. A single bullet hole was in the center of his head. "DADDY!" She ran into the other room, freaked out. Little did the young girl know at the time the man was an officer of the Gotham City Police Department.

Sirens were blazing in her ears, the source must have been directly outside the house. In attempts to block out the loud noise, the young child covered her ears. Emily missed the sound of someone trying to kick down the front door. "Daddy!" The young girl's voice cracked, as she looked around the house, only to find more blood.

Her father was no where to be found.

Across from the living room was the study. A dark mahogany desk was in the center of it, cluttered with many different papers. A single green radio system was sitting on the far edge of the desk. Gotham City's Police Department's whole conversation could be heard on it. The frequency came in and out, almost narrating the events that went down as Detective Gordon spoke with Detective Harvey Bullock Emily found that the radio was the background noise to these memories. Static kept coming in and out. Outside the window James Gordon, not yet a Commissioner was sitting in a police car.

Detective Bullock and his men started from the basement of the Riddler's building, searching it floor by floor. To a young child the guns held in their hands we're terrifying, giant. "No sign off the Riddler." Harvey's voice grumbled because his men were already depleting in number. "the more we look for this nerd, the more men we lose from his stupid— Wait What's that!"

Emily's emerald eyes meet those that belonged to the detective. She looked scared for a second before darting back into her hiding place. A crashing noise followed by some chatter made Gordon's head raise, his ears tuned into the radio. "What? What is what?"

Bullock raised his gun at the kitchen's opening; "Don't move and come out with your hands up!" His eyes caught sight of a young blonde girl as she slowly peaked her head out again. A terrified look in her innocent green eyes. She clung to a small bear, walking out slowly. Her hands were shaking for she had never been so close to the police like this. "Jim, A small girl has emerged, no older than 8 years of age."

That made no sense to Gordon, what would Nygma be doing with a child. A hostage maybe? He picked up the radio transmitter. "A child? could we have the wrong plac-

Harvey shook his head, "No this is definitely the place, 5 more of our men are already down thanks to the Ed's little games."The little girl looked around with a dangerous glimmer of curiosity in her eyes. Her heart was beating out of her chest. There were so many policemen in her home.

The next words were ones Emily would never forget, "Alright, take her in." Those were the instructions Gordon gave him. He wanted her to be taken in to the police station, away from her home. The young blonde didn't understand why, she had done nothing wrong. "She could be dangerous, precede with caution for we don't know what the Riddler has planned." The next noise Gordon heard was the shuffling in the background followed by, what the police files at the time called, an unidentified voice. Unidentified because she was too young to have a file on her, to the world the little girl was a no one. Innocent from crime.