Chapter Fifty-Five: An Unexpected Visitor

Wanda was pacing around the room, trying to get baby Tommy to sleep. "Please, Tommy, don't you wanna sleep?" she asked the infant. "Mommy wants to sleep... If you go to sleep, I promise, you will be my favorite twin!"

(Y/N) walked in, carrying Billy and Connor in each arm. "I thought we weren't picking favorites?"

"Don't tell him that! No luck with either of them?"

"They just won't stop."

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes, love?"

"Would you mind grabbing their binkies?"

"Of course not," (Y/N) said, placing Billy and Connor in their cribs, Wanda doing the same with Billy. (Y/N) quickly rushed to the kitchen to grab the babies' binkies.

A tired Wanda eyed the triplets. "Now, I know parents aren't supposed to take shortcuts, but I think this situation calls for one, don't you?"

All three of them started to cry louder.

"So, go to sleep, my babies!" She said, using her magic, but to no avail. "And... go to sleep!" She said, trying again.

The babies just giggled.

"Well, I don't think it's very funny!" Wanda said. "Why won't you do what I want?"

(Y/N) walked back in, carrying three binkies in his hand. "I got the things."

He handed them to Wanda, who placed them in the triplet's mouths. They stopped crying.

"That's good, right?" (Y/N) said.

"I think it's worki-"

The babies spat the binkies out.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"What are we doing wrong?"

"We'll figure it out. I know we will."

"Maybe. Or maybe we just need some help."

As if on cue, the doorbell rang. (Y/N) moved to answer the door but there was no need, as Agnes walked in.

"Hiya, kids!" She said cheerfully.

"Oh, Agnes!" Wanda exclaimed.

"Agnes! What brings you here?" (Y/N) said.

"I was just on my way to Jazzercise when I heard your new little bundles of joy were on a sleep strike."

"And who told you that?" (Y/N) asked, slightly suspicious.

"Uh, my ears," Agnes said, chuckling. "Anyway, Auntie Agnes is here and I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve."

"Oh, Agnes, you're a lifesaver!" Wanda said.

"Just be careful of their belly buttons, and remember to support their heads, and when was the last time you washed your ha-" (Y/N) said, realising he was rambling."  Actually, you know what? It would Just - Maybe we better not!"

41 63 74 75 61 6c 6c 79 2c 20 74 68 65 72 65 20 6d 69 67 68 74 20 62 65 20 73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 20 68 65 72 65 20 73 6f 6d 65 74 69 6d 65 20 73 6f 6f 6e 2e

"Uh, do you want me to take that again?" Agnes asked.

(Y/N) and Wanda looked at each other.

"I'm sorry?" Wanda asked.

"You want me to hold the babies. Should we just take it from the top?" Agnes said, picking up her gym back.

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow. "What?"