8 - As Long As I Love You

Start from the beginning

Neither did Crowley.

"You can't run away from us, Crowley. There's nowhere to go." Beelzebub pointed out. Crowley grinned.

"There are plenty of places you'll never find me," Crowley lied.

"Stop lying to yourself."

Crowley, deep down, knew they were right. Wherever he went, there was no escaping Hell. He knew that. They would always find him. Running from his life was like trying to hide from God. It wasn't possible.

"I'll do what I like." Crowley said boldly, chin high as he turned to stalk away. Gabriel grabbed the collar of his jacket before he could get away, and pushed him up against the wall, lifting him off his toes. Crowley didn't squirm, but rather, smiled.

"Playing puppy dog, are we?" He teased.

"Shut up." Gabriel practically snarled.

"You won't do what you like," Beelzebub said cooly, "Because bad things will happen."

Crowley would have rolled his eyes and made some snappy, snarky retort had he not known what they meant. He usually hid his confusion with sarcasm, but this... He knew exactly what 'bad things' Beelzebub was implying. For once in his life, Anthony J Crowley held his tongue.

"So you see," They said sweetly, "You're going to cooperate, or your angel will pay the price."

"You can't hurt him," Crowley said to Gabriel, confident his voice wasn't wavering, "You wouldn't dare hurt Aziraphale. Do you know why? Oh, I do. GOD. I can assure you She'll throw you outta Heaven faster than you can Fall. You won't even touch him."

"But I will." Beelzebub chimed in, "You know better than anyone that I do not hesitate."

"Good luck then," He said, putting on a (very risky) flirtatious face and grinning at her. Gabriel let him down, and he turned on his heels.

"I hope you burn in holy water," Crowley called over his shoulder, walking away in his swaggering sort of way.

"Last chance, Crowley!" She told him, raising her voice but not changing her ever so dull tone. Crowley did not stop.

"Walk away now, and Aziraphale dies."

In response, Crowley held his hand up and stuck out one of his favourite fingers at Beelzebub, a particularly vulgar gesture.

The demon kept walking. He could feel Hell's second in command smiling after him.

"You really think you can protect him?" She asked. She said nothing more. She didn't need to, because Crowley stopped, his chest tightening.

"I have to try." He said, not looking back at her.

"You can't save him," They sneered, "You're nothing but a low-life demon. He's an angel, for Hell's sake. You don't even compare. You can't protect him from us."

Crowley turned to face them, his eyes blazing with rage.

"So you're going to tell the angel Aziraphale that you do not care for him. You will end your arrangement and do everything possible to ensure he believes you."

"I will win." Crowley growled.

"You will do as I say, or your angel will die." Beelzebub smirked, "You will do everything I say, without question."

"I hate you." Crowley spat, baring his teeth. Beelzebub merely frowned at him, their pale grey blue eyes burning through him.

"Gabriel." They said, their eyes not moving from Crowley, "Show him."