Chp:-16 For Marriage?

ISHAAN MEHRA

We landed in San Francisco yesterday early morning and went straight to our penthouse from the airport. Yesterday mom did a lot of shopping and after that we went for a beach stroll.

I texted Nirav informing him about our arrival in San Francisco but he hasn't read my message yet. In a way it's good only that he didn't read my text. He'll be surprised to see us.

Currently we're in our penthouse. I took a shower and got dressed in my casual clothes and joined mom and dad for breakfast. I pulled a chair for myself and sat on the dining table.

I said, "Good morning maa, Good morning dad."

They both happily said, "Good morning son."

I asked, "you both seem to be so happy today I mean, I know mom is happy as she did plenty of shopping yesterday that's why she's so happy but what about you dad?"

Mom said, "Ishaan beta, I told you know we'll be seeing my close friend today. I'll be seeing her after 2 long years hence I'm super happy and excited. Which world were you in when I told you about the purpose of coming here? And what are you wearing?"

I got confused. When and what exactly did she tell me? All I heard was shopping, I really thought she's here for shopping. Oh yeah I don't remember what exactly she said because I was engrossed in texting Riya. Ugh!!!

I said, "yeah right maa, I remember. Maa which close friend are you talking about? As far as I remember, Anuraddha aunty is the only close friend of yours who lives here and I'm wearing jeans and black t shirt and Beige casual blazer. Why? What's wrong with this?"

Mom said, "wear something more nice know either suit or kurta or something. And Ishaan it's Anuraddha only son, we're going to meet her. Oh God! Keshav what's wrong with this boy?"

Dad said, "Neela don't worry it happens sometimes. He must be nervous. It's ok my boy take it easy." Dad patted my back.

I said, "ok. but why mom why you want me to change?"

Dad said, "this is fine only beta you're looking good. Neela let him be dear."

Oh God, what actually is happening here?

Mom said, "ok Ishaan eat fast we've to be there by 10 and it won't look good if we go late."

I chuckled and said, "maa we're not going for a business meeting or conference please."

Mom sternly said, "Ishaan don't joke around now eat fast."

I said, "fine."

We finished our breakfast and cleared up our plates and all and then soon we left to go to the Goel mansion.

Anuraddha Goel here is Riya and Nirav's chachi (paternal aunt) and she's my mom's childhood friend. They went to school and college together.

I'm looking forward to meet Riya. Thanks to my mom I'll get to see her and talk to her.

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't realise when we reached Goel Mansion.

Dad shook me and said, "Ishaan where are you lost my boy, come on we've reached."

I said, "oh ok. Sorry." I got out of the car.

We walked towards the door and rang the doorbell. Nirav and Riya's mom, Nina aunty opened the door. She hugged my mom and said Namaste to me and dad.

Nina aunty said, "hello. Welcome. Please come in." She went inside and we followed her.

Nina aunty yelled, "Rameshji, Ravi bhaiya, Anu bhabhi, Nirav come on everyone they're here. Please y'all sit I'll be right back in a minute."