Chapter 27: Sirens

"Jaina and Barrett volunteered to decorate the nursery," Danielle said to Stefania who was busy looking for something.

"That's good to hear. Remind them that the walls should be gender neutral not according to their bets."

"Gosh, my mom keeps asking when can she come over," the blonde said as she grabbed her Jacket. "She said she wants to be here before your due date," she continued.

"And my dad wants to celebrate the 1st birthday of the twins in Italy. Beat that," Stefania said laughing.

"Hey, let's go. What are you looking for?" Danielle asked.

"My necklace. The one with my ring. I can't find it," Stefania sighed.

"When did you last wear it?"

"Well, I'm sure it's just here because I removed it last night before taking a shower," Stefania said with her hands on her waist, thinking where could she possibly put it.

"We're going to be late. Just look for it later."

"But I'm not used to not wearing it," Stefania whined.

"Let's go! You'll remove it before shooting your scenes anyway."

They're shooting a big scene today where Danielle would go through a big fire in a burning building.

"You're going to wait for me later, right?" the blonde asked. "Like I have a choice," Stefania rolled her eyes making her girlfriend chuckle.

Danielle didn't allow Stefania to drive anymore ever since she found out she's pregnant.

"Are you sure you don't need a stunt double for your scene later?" the Italian asked.

"Nope. I've been training my whole life for those kinds of scenes," Danielle said confidently.

"Hey, preggy!" Jay greeted. "Have you talked to Shonda yet?" he continued.

"Oh. I totally forgot about your resignation," Danielle said as she got her cup of coffee from Stefania. "And no coffee!"

"Last sip," Stefania said. Danielle handed back the coffee to her girlfriend and said, "fine. But drink lots of water after."

"I'm going to Shonda's office now," the Italian said then pressed a quick kiss on Danielle's lips.

Stefania knocked on Shonda's office door then opened it as soon as her boss told her to come in.

"Stefania! What can I do for you darling?"

"I'm here to give you my resignation letter."

The Italian handed the letter to her boss who didn't look so happy. Shonda read the letter quietly then looked at Stefania once she was done.

"The only reason is your pregnancy?" the boss asked.

"Yes. Once I get bigger I won't be able to do my scenes anymore plus I need to focus on the twins when I give birth."

"I already have a storyline ready for you. You can take a leave before your due date and can comeback when you're ready. Do you still want to push through with your resignation?"

Stefania was torn since she didn't really wanna give up her career. "Can I get back to you? I need to talk to Danielle about this offer," the Italian told her boss.

"Sure, darling."

Stefania went to hair and make up and saw Danielle was almost done. "Hey, I sent you a message," the Italian said as she sat beside her.