Extra 2

A snow day made everything appear peaceful and quiet.

This was the first snow of winter, and the children were endlessly excited, their excited laughter echoing throughout the streets. But Elder Mei, for whatever reason, felt a sort of serene calm, as if all the previous bloody carnage had settled in place just like the snow falling from the skies.

In complete contrast, Ren Shaotian felt as if everything had become a complete mess, and he was entirely unable to keep still.

He knew that it was actually his heart that wouldn’t calm.

He raised his head to look at the Yang family’s walls, carrying a complicated expression.

Matters had grown far too big, and on the way back, he had already heard from someone else how the entire matter had resolved.

He knew that the two Wei and Ding had already died, that Wei Jin was a child of the Jiang family as well as Ye You’s partner, and that he himself was the Yang family’s oldest young master as well as the older brother of Ye You, but he did not remember any of this in the slightest. Over these past few days, he had tried countless times to chase after matters that happened in his childhood, but he found not a single clue. For him, it felt as if, after leaving for a short moment, he had returned to find his previous world suddenly collapsing into the dust.

Elder Mei gave him a look. “Brother Shaotian?”

Ren Shaotian regained his senses and walked over.

The previous steward of the Yang family was Wei Haide’s man who had run the moment he saw that the situation wasn’t good. Later, Wei Jiangyue had sent the people of “Heaven’s Firmament” to capture him back and hand him over to the elders. Right now, the steward was someone newly chosen by Sir Yang and, at this moment, had just received a fright after having asked for their name and purpose for coming.

Everyone in the Yang family all knew already that their young master wasn’t an actual child of the Yang family and that Sect Master Ye and Ren Shaotian were. Although they were more willing to follow their young master, they were all clear that the master of the Yang family might be changed to another. And now, right in front of him were two people — one, Ren Shaotian, and the other, the Demonic Sect’s Elder Mei — so the steward naturally didn’t dare to neglect them and hastily invited the people in.

Upon seeing this, the people of “Moon’s Shadow” immediately ran over in excitement. “Vice-Captain!”

“Vice-Captain, where have you been these past few days?”

“Vice-Captain, you’ve finally returned! We all didn’t know what to do!”

Ren Shaotian was keenly able to hear that there was an issue and said, “Where’s the Captain?”

The people of “Moon’s Shadow” said, “The Captain went to Shuihe City[1].”

Shuihe City was the Jiang family’s former home, and that year, the righteous faction members had likewise erected a gravestone for the Jiang family. Ren Shaotian internally thought that Wei Jin had probably gone to sweep that grave and, out loud, made a sound in acknowledgment.

The people of “Moon’s Shadow” said, in profound anguish, “And also, the Captain joined the Demonic Sect.”

Towards this, Ren Shaotian wasn’t very surprised and asked, “Then all of you are here…”