Extra 1

It was almost the Winter Solstice[1], and the days grew colder and colder.

Wenren Heng discovered that this Junior Brother of his was also getting more and more lazy, especially during the day.

With the elders around, his Junior Brother would at least crawl out of bed to eat breakfast at the dining hall together. The moment the elders left, however, his Junior Brother began to dawdle in bed, no longer even eating breakfast on time.

Wenren Heng really suspected that those few days when his Junior Brother always wore that mask and openly flaunted his instincts to show off in front of those elders were all on purpose — because by the time they left, all their expressions were complicated and nonplussed, very likely vexed by the fierce change that was “Sir Xiao as Sect Master Ye”.

Actually, with the two Wei and Ding executed, Jianghu would definitely go through a period of instability, and the followup matters were truly numerous. Sooner or later, those elders would’ve left, and Wenren Heng guessed that they had wasted so much time at the Yang family residence most likely because they wanted to advise his Junior Brother to “return to the proper path”. They probably believed that his Junior Brother had purposely invoked the righteous faction’s hatred simply because the other still had unfulfilled vengeance on the mind. As such, his Junior Brother had used actions to tell them that this appearance was actually the true Ye You. The elders then had nothing left to say and so naturally scattered.

Thus, a certain person joyfully saw them off and, within the next day, began lazing around in bed, refusing to get up.

Wenren Heng had always indulged him and so accompanied him to lie there for a while, pulling the person into an embrace and occasionally giving a little tease, very quickly becoming unable to stop once having started. It wasn’t until a certain person started wanting to eat breakfast and lunch together that Wenren Heng began feeling that they couldn’t continue like this and so dug the person out.

Ye You let out a faint sigh. “Senior Brother, after exhausting all my thoughts and ingenuity over these years, I’m now far too tired.”

Wenren Heng lowered his eyes to look at the other.

Ye You said, “And because of my childhood, I grew afraid of cold, so now the moment winter comes, my mood turns bad.”

Wenren Heng didn’t much believe him.

His Junior Brother’s temperament was ostentatious, and the other wasn’t the type of person to be affected overly by seasonal changes or to become melancholy because of minor issues. Even while carrying twenty years of blood debt, the person had definitely made sure that he himself lived well — not leaving anything out, from the enjoyment he deserved to the fun he wanted.

If he was dawdling in bed, then it was simply because he wanted to dawdle in bed.

Ye You calmly watched the other’s examination before curling up back into the blankets, turning around so as not to look at him.

Wenren Heng was at wit’s end and, after tucking him more tightly into the blankets, then went out to carry in the food. Fishing him out again upon returning, Wenren Heng helped him wash up before handing over the porridge, tenderly urging, “After you finish eating, don’t immediately go back to sleep.”

Ye You maintained an attitude as if he was still only semi-conscious. With chin in hand, he stared at his Senior Brother’s handsome face that was just within reach, feeling as if the other was more and more pleasing to the eye the longer he looked. Thus, when he spoke, he didn’t put much thought into it, “Yes, I’ll listen to my wife.”