Chapter 21

There wasn’t any interesting scenery by the side of the road, so Ye You simply went into the forest.

Here, the trees were high and abundant, with a cool breeze lightly brushing past, so many others were also enjoying this atmosphere. Calmly keeping watch on his surroundings, he unhurriedly walked forward.

Afraid that he’d be bullied by imprudent people, the people of Shuangji Sect were prepared to follow along. They were already aware that the Sect Master had been searching for him for ten years, and seeing how the Sect Master treasured him, they knew this Junior Brother was extremely important. Moreover, since he was injured now, they were definitely not willing to leave him by himself — thus, they kept their eyes wide open in case of any mishaps getting in the way.

“…” The scarred man callously stopped them and followed alone.

The adventurers who went drinking with Ye You were in the crowd of people. After the incident at Fengchun House, these seniors of Jianghu no longer dared to gather around him so easily, as they felt that this person was definitely somewhat unfathomable. But the adventurer who carried a monk’s spade and two other characters didn’t have that many apprehensions and went over with a smile. “Sir Xiao.”

“Good timing, I was just testing to see if I could happen upon some martial heroes.” Ye You lied through his teeth, and without even a trace of guilt, he threw a pot of blame on his Senior Brother, “Since we left the city of Suzhou, I’ve been wanting to see all of you. At that time, I promised everyone that when I had any information I would tell you, but I didn’t think that my Senior Brother would conceal things even from me. I really am…”

They hurried to say, “Since the matter is so big, Sect Master Wenren definitely has his own considerations. Besides, don’t we also know some things regardless?”

Ye You sighed and nodded his head. From the corner of his eyes, he saw those four he previously came into contact with were nearby, clearly hesitant about coming forward. He couldn’t help narrowing his eyes, his heart feeling a sudden delight.

He had previously thought that if those four disappeared and no longer followed him, then they truly did recognize the wrong person. However, if they continued to secretly follow him, then there must’ve been some other reason that made them not dare to recognize him.

Just now, by adapting to the circumstances, he was able to toss his Senior Brother to the side. He did so partly because he wanted to see if he could meet them, and in the end, the harvest turned out to be quite good.

Finally seeing him alone after much difficulty, those Elders hastily hurried over.

But although they had originally thought their idea was quite good, when they really came face-to-face with the Sect Master, they immediately felt somewhat terrified, afraid that their Sect Master would be unhappy and would roll them into a ball to throw away.

So for the time being, they stood there, unmoving.

Elder Baili hesitantly asked, “There’s people over there. Should we go over… or should we not go over?”

“This… Let’s go over. We can wait on the side, and wait until the people leave before speaking. Or else are we really just going to look on helplessly as he courts disaster?”

“He saw us. He narrowed his eyes.”

“…He’s all bundled up like this, and you can still tell that he’s narrowing his eyes?”