Chapter 74

Ye You’s talk of a honey trap was referring to the usual meaning of a honey trap, and he had also wanted to use it immediately. The only issue was that he had some hesitations about choosing the location and so had needed to ponder over it some more.

This time, other than taking care of those people of the white piece, he had come to find Miracle Doctor Ji mainly to ask more things regarding the other’s oldest disciple. Now that he had finished asking, he left with his Senior Brother.

Wenren Heng saw him sitting in the carriage in deep contemplation, not speaking a word, and asked, “Thinking about how to set a honey trap?”

Ye You laughed. “Am I hearing things? Why do these words sound kind of sour to me?”

Wenren Heng ignored his teasing and continued asking, “Where do you want to set it?”

Ye You considered for a moment before saying, “Senior Brother, do you think that he’ll come to see his master?”

Wenren Heng fell silent for a time.

The human heart was the hardest to predict.

If they had a general understanding of that person’s character, then perhaps they’d be able to make a somewhat accurate judgment, but they had never even seen the other party. The only information they had was from Miracle Doctor Ji’s scant few words, and even that was Miracle Doctor Ji’s recollections from over twenty years ago; who knew whether that person’s disposition had changed.

He said, thinking it over, “Seeing how Miracle Doctor Ji was acting, I think he’s probably already somewhat aware of what the white piece has done over these years, but he’s never suffered any harm probably because of the influence of his oldest disciple.”

Ye You made a sound in agreement and, following that train of thought, said, “And now those drugged men whom that miracle doctor has spent many years researching has ended up in the hands of his master, and there’s also an extremely talented youngest disciple as well as a Demonic Sect Elder who could, in a short period of time, topple those drugged men. The possibility that he’ll definitely personally come to oversee things is extremely likely. I just don’t know if he’ll enter Shaolin. Senior Brother, where do you wish me to be?”

Wenren Heng said, “Shaolin.”

Ye You said, “Other than the fact that it’ll be dangerous in the small county town, do you have any other reasons?”

Wenren Heng returned with a question, “That still isn’t reason enough?”

Ye You laughed and was about to speak further when he saw the other take out the concealed weapon that had been taken from Adventurer Zhang. He then thought of the possibility of using this item to lure those accomplices over to Shaolin so as to get rid of them but quickly gave up on the idea. For one, with the white piece ruthlessly desiring to obtain Shaolin this time, he wasn’t clear on what kind of people would come. For two, the majority of the righteous faction members had left, and those who currently remained at Shaolin weren’t guaranteed to listen to his directions; if he did that, he’d be taking too many risks.

Wenren Heng had also wanted to use this item as bait just now, but when he thought that there wasn’t sufficient enough guarantee, he dismissed the idea and said, “Endure for a few days. When they’re late in receiving the information, they might enter Shaolin to investigate. First try it. If it doesn’t work, then go down to the small county town.”