Chapter 34

By asking separately, the group quickly garnered results.

Those Wudang disciples were far from as calm and collected as Priest Hezhen. Just by kneeling on their own, they were already caught off guard. After being scared by the Sect Leader’s imposing presence and stared at by these unparalleled, exalted greats of the martial arts circle and then pierced by the gentle yet sharp questions asked by Wenren Heng, they were quickly and utterly defeated, spilling the beans about everything they knew had happened.

The first thing was that the time wasn’t correct.

Single-eyed Li escaped only after the news had spread of something happening at Bodhi Prison. At that time, Shaolin and Wudang had already been hurrying over. Shaolin was also situated too close to this place, so in order to cover up what had happened to “Colorless Blood” and “Lone Wolf”, they didn’t dare to ring the bell.

The second thing was that the number of people wasn’t correct.

Over the years, some other people have actually died, but they weren’t clear on the reason why. They were all disciples of Priest Hezhen, and their master had said that it wouldn’t be easy to explain why so many criminals have died under their watch, and that others would suspect that they personally acted against these criminals, so they should first conceal it. Thus, none of them dared to speak about it.

And of those people who died, if their sentence was almost up, the pretense would be that they’d already been released, and if they were getting on in years, they would slowly be allowed to “die”. So if this incident had never happened, then after a few more years, in Shaolin and Wudang’s records, “Colorless Blood” and “Lone Wolf” would have been written off as having died from either illness or age.

Regarding the matter of testing drugs, they were truly baffled.

Because every time they came, they practically always stood guard outside, and even the one who brought the meals was a designated person. They all didn’t know what was happening inside the prison, though they did have a vague sense that there was something wrong, and occasionally they would hear something like a commotion, and so on.

Finally, they truly did not have anything to do with the matter of Single-eyed Li’s escape, and they simply felt that it had something to do with Priest Hezhen, though they had no evidence. At that time, they were truly caught off guard by Single-eyed Li and were knocked unconscious.

After hearing all this, Sect Leader Xuanyang’s entire face was blue, and the steam coming from his nose seemed as if it was liable to light the air on fire. He pressed back his anger with great difficulty and forced the words out from between his teeth, “Wudang will definitely provide an explanation to Jianghu about this matter!”

He let out a breath and said, furious, “Bring over Hezhen!”

Priest Hezhen walked in, pale-faced, and before he even had a chance to parse their body language, Sect Leader Xuanyang simply threw all of the disciples’ written confessions at him directly. He hastily caught it and skimmed through the words, and by the time he finished, even more color had drained from his face.

In a low voice, Sect Leader Xuanyang asked, “What words do you still have left to say?”

With a thud, Elder Hezhen fell to his knees.