Chapter 38: Modern Day Life Break Time Part Five

Start from the beginning

"Here's all the cup noodles!" Subaru said as they girls' eyes all widened again at the rather magnificent view. "Wow, that's a lot!" Emilia exclaimed, her eyes moving from rows to rows. "Ram has seen these several times when she went to the convenience store on the gourmet street but never bought any before. Barusu, what exactly does it taste like?" Ram asked, looking mildly surprised. "Well, taste for yourself. Here, I recommend these for a start." Subaru answered with a grin, handing her a basket in one hand and holding a cup noodle in the other. "Huh, tonkotsu, is it? Alright, Ram shall give it a try." Ram said, taking the basket and putting the cup noodle in it.

After giving the the other girls a basket, Subaru went looking for the cup noodles he wanted as well, occasionally giving suggestions to the girls about what to buy. "Ne Subaru, how do you think this cup noodle will taste?" Emilia asked as she walked to him with one in her hands. "Ohhhh that, that one's pretty famous for its spiciness. See here, it says karai, and when they say so, they mean it!" Subaru said, and Emilia nodded, now looking at it more apprehensively. "Hm... thanks for telling me that. I'll go put it back." She said. "Oh wait, mind if I have that? I figure I should get some for those three as well, and Hinata likes it spicy." Subaru said, and Emilia nodded again and handed him the spicy cup noodle.

"Nee-sama Nee-sama, how does this one look?" Rem asked as she took one off the shelf. "Hm, it has an interesting cover art." Ram said, taking the cup noodle from Rem. "Oh that's the Pikachu cup noodle! Pretty popular, that is!" Hinata's voice said from behind, and the two girls turned around. "Ara, Natsuno-san. Have you had this one before? Ram can't see what the inside looks like with a cover art like this. How does it taste?" Ram asked. "Personally, I like it! But I like a lot of food so not entirely sure if my taste is reliable, haha. But like I said it's very popular, so give it a try!" Hinata said, grinning, and Ram nodded.

"Wakatta wa, we shall consider buying it." Ram said, and the twins nodded their thanks to him. "Great! By the way is Subaru around here? I'm here to tell him what cup noodles we want." Hinata asked. "Rem believes Subaru-kun is at the next aisle with Beatrice-sama and Emilia-sama." Rem answered, and Hinata nodded. "Thanks! Oh, we got the snacks as well so come and see if you wanna add anything before we go to the counter!" He said and headed to the other aisle, from which sounds of Subaru teasing Beatrice could now be heard. "Rem, let's go see what else they have here." Ram said, putting the Pikachu cup noodle in Rem's basket, and Rem smiled and nodded.

"Na Bea-ko, how 'bout this one?" Subaru said as he handed Beatrice yet another cup noodle for children. In the past five minutes Subaru had been suggesting nothing but children cup noodles to her, and now, feeling that words were no longer necessary, Beatrice decided to resort to something more primitive. With an almighty stomp on Subaru's foot, Beatrice walked away to the other isle, leaving Subaru kneeling on the floor and holding his foot. "Subaru, it's fine to tease, but remember to keep it moderate, alright?" Emilia said, reaching out a hand and pulling him up.

Still hopping on one foot, Subaru laughed weakly. "I know I know, but Bea-ko is just too fun to tease... hahaha..." He said, and Hinata came up to them. "Dude I saw that, you asked for it." He said, patting Subaru on the back and laughing. "I'm here to tell you what cup noodles we want." He said, and Subaru showed him the basket he was holding, now half full as well. "Don't worry, I got it." He said. "Ohhhh not bad, Subaru! Ah wait Aki says he wants to challenge the spicy one this time." Hinata added, and Subaru nodded. "Alright, I'll put that in later as well. By the way, you got the snacks?" Subaru said, and Hinata nodded too, now showing him and Emilia the basket he was holding.

"Yep, got all our favorites. Oh and for you girls I'm not really sure what you like or if you eat snacks at all so I just picked some popular brands. I think Aki's done with the drinks as well so you might wanna come and see if you want to buy anything else." Hinata said, looking over to Emilia. "Thank you, Natsuno-san. I'll go get Beatrice now and we'll see if we want to add anything later." Emilia said and went to get Beatrice. "Alright, let's go see if Rem and Nee-sama are finished as well." Subaru said, and Hinata nodded, and the two walked off.