Thirty-three

Red helps me out of the car as I've been stuck in my seat for eternity

Red helps me out of the car as I've been stuck in my seat for eternity. My Stomach is clenched tight at the fact that I'm heading to my lover's house. Oh fuck, yes, he's officially my lover. What have I become? Mentally, I'm not so pleased with the idea. It's degrading.

But when it comes to my heart, I think it wants what it wants and it's a fool's errand trying to fight the stronger. I know to me he's the sun, and I've become Icarus foolishly blanching my wings high trying to fly closest to him, ready to burn, melt, and drawn deeply into the Aegean.

"This way," Red mutters, and easily I mirror his step, my hand firmly held by his.

Through the glass doors we enter inside the lobby of an apartment complex built at the hillside. The air feels clean and chilly around here, a little different from downtown Portland. I don't pay much attention to the details of my surroundings; I'm too occupied with my scattered feelings.

"Are you okay?" Red touches the elevator button, and I give him an assuring smile. "You haven't spoken a word." He's worried.

"I'm very fine," I whisper.

I'm just overwhelmed with my emotions. I want to feel this is all okay, but in reality I don't want to get used to this either. He's perfect, what we have feels perfect, and even this moment seems perfect, and yet I know it's too imperfect. He's only holding my hand but the pull is magnetic.

Is what I'm feeling normal?

The elevator opens and we stride in. When the doors shut, my gaze finds Red's. The intensity of our feelings palpable by now—I can almost feel what he's feeling. Deep, dark desire pools through his clouded eyes, drawing me in as though we're spellbound by strong magic.

"Oh fuck, Mia!" Red grunts and seizes me briskly into his arms.

Jesus! I don't get time to think or act as he starts kissing my lips ferociously, as though his life depends on it. My purse falls on the floor helplessly, and I my blood flames as his tongue thrusts inside my mouth.

Will I ever get used to his surprise attacks? I yelp a thin moan when he holds me tighter, his lips hungry on my jaw, on my throat, heading down to my cleavage while squeezing my back deftly through his possessive grip around my waist.

"Red . . ." I tip my head back, suddenly hot and moist in my most feminine core.

My fingers are dug into his hair, and he's playing rough on my body, stirring my libido higher each time his tongue touches my skin. I love the feel of longing through his caresses, the wanting through his grip, and the needing through his heartbeat that's as fickle as mine.

"I missed you so badly, Mia. I want to have you all to myself right now!" he rasps, taking a pause as he links his forehead with mine.

"In here?" I chuckle, panting.

Red smirks. "Trust me, I wouldn't mind taking you right here. But we're home now," he says.

"Oh," I utter and a soft ping puts the elevator into a pause. Home. The word takes my breath away as Red bends over and picks my purse, smiling wickedly at me.