Chapter 14~What Doesn't Kill You...

Start from the beginning

   The Alpha rogue went slack and I let go, dropping him to the floor.

   I hadn't killed as a wolf in such a long time and the feeling lubricated my mind. I missed and I felt my wolf telling me to kill again. I could not lose focus of why I was here.

   I heard hands clapping and I turned around abruptly, as Sal exposed himself from a hidden corner. He had a widen grin on his face as he continued his overly obsessive clapping. "Beautiful...just, that was..." he seemed so impressed and I almost fell into his praising of me. "Wow. See," he shouted with enthusiasm as rogues moved in around him. I noticed his still human skin rogues coming from other hidden corners as some rogues in wolf, shifted. My eyes narrowed around me as I realized I was trapped. More than that, he had been waiting for me.

   Best option was to stay wolf. I could call my pack to me, but...I knew it would be a mistake. I couldn't risk there lives, not when our plan had failed. This was always meant to be a trap.

   How could he have known?

   "This is beautiful...Kayla," his grin made me want to rip through him. He felt so smug and powerful. "I have such great plans for you."

   I snarled as if telling him I wouldn't be compliant and he chuckled, I'm sure not surprised.

   "In case your wondering how I knew you were coming," he waved in a direction that was a blind spot to me as someone moved into view. For a second, I feared it was Rogue, but who stepped out was Jessica, Jerome's sister.

   Naturally, I snarled, filled with confusion and exasperation of her betrayal, until I realized Jessica was getting injected with what I was injected with. It was a strong need that I almost craved but luckily my wolf was too strong to want more. I couldn't hate or blame her no matter what. She would only have herself to blame for the rest of her life. That was torture enough.

   "Now Kayla. Don't blame her." Sal was to blame for everything so I wouldn't, though my wolf wouldn't care at the moment. She wanted to kill everyone in this shed. "You should come willingly."

   I snarled giving him my no, as I scanned around repetitively. No exit except through them. No matter what, I needed to send my pack a message, but if I did it here right now, it might prompt Jessica to telling him further what I'm capable of. This is why I hated opening up around others. You never knew who could use it against you and again, my fears were proven right.

   "Maurice...now." A tall bulky man came with a gun in hand, giving it too Sal. "We have all seen how you can fight. No point in killing some of my rogues. You have to lead them one day. You are their Alpha now. But they won't listen to you, until you have the mindset they can only respond to. So..." he positioned himself in my front direction as I snarled, lowering for an attack. "I'm gonna," as he was getting ready to point the gun, I tried dodging to the side, making break in zigzag patterns.

   Sal laughed as he shot a few rounds, trying to hit me. I knew without a doubt they were silver bullets, and the memory of the last time I was shot with silver in the middle of a fight with General, I moved with such agility, that normal pair of eyes wouldn't catch. But Sal wasn't wearing a normal pair of eyes and he had lived over three-hundred years, making him deadly fast, like me.

   As I leaped through a pair of rogues, I felt my body jerk, reeling me to the side as the velocity of the silver bullet slammed me into a wall. I withe on the ground, howling out in pain. The bullet hit me over my thigh, and I tried, regardless of the pain to stand. The silver was burning, acid scorching to my internal flesh. I felt another silver bullet infiltrate in between my ribs and croaked, hurling, snout first into the ground. The silver ate at my insides as the shift back to human flesh was forced on me.