31 You complete me.

Click.

It was all a blur. 

A terrible blur.

A woman with long black hair stared into the pupils of her son in horror. Her deep blue eyes reflected the deepest depths of the ocean, the parts of it that haven't even been discovered yet.

She held a pistol out in front of her, grasping onto it with both hands like it held her life. 

Tobio wondered why she looked at him like that. Had he been shot? And if so, why did she look so scared? She had meant to do it, hadn't she? 

Yet, he felt no pain. 

Not yet.

He was supposed to be happy. 

Happy... he had finally achieved it. Yes, the perfect person, the perfect place, the perfect family. For once, he could go home and feel safe. Nobody was hitting him, nobody was yelling, and there were people that cared for him. People that accepted him, and encouraged him to be his true self. He had a family, a real family. A better family. 

He can just ignore his old one, they have nothing to do with him anymore. They weren't his real family anyways. This woman, she's no longer a mother of his. His mother has red hair that remined him of the summer heat. She's a little shorter than him, and gives the best hugs. She makes the best curry, and made him feel at home in his new home from the very first day. She cares for him like her own. And for his father, he has no father. He doesn't need one, all they do is look down on him. There's always something to criticize, something that he's doing wrong, or something that's wrong with him. 

And Hinata, the first one to finally understand him. He was the first one to break through his shell. The only one to break through it. There would never be another, nobody else like that. No one else can make him smile as wide as he did, or laugh until he couldn't breathe again. Nobody else can stop his trembling with a touch, and nobody can change his mood with just a smile.

That smile, the one he had seen just a moment ago. The one that glowed. 

The woman dropped her gun to the ground, too weak to hold on anymore. Another set of eyes came into view, along with a second pistol. Her eyes met this pair, both widening in shock.

The tall bulky man wore a blue checkered hospital gown and slippers. He panted from exhaustion as he also stared into the eyes of his son. 

It was not until he heard a thump from in front of himself that he realized why they looked the way they did. 

The man carried his gun with him before grabbing the woman by the arm and running away with her into the shadows. He hid from his shame. He hid from his mistakes. Tobio couldn't care less about where they went.

It was then that he saw it.

The blur of orange that passed his vision. It dropped to the ground, joining the color red. 

That bright smile no longer loomed on his face. Instead, an emotionless stare lingered. 

The pool of scarlet slowly spread from the right of his chest, leaking into the fabrics of his uniform, as well as the cracks in the concrete. 

Tobio stared at the sight in shock, unable to move, blink, or breathe. He eventually lost control of the joints in his knees, and they gave out. The setter cradled the head of his boyfriend in his arms and stared down at his caramel eyes. To his relief, the spiker blinked.  

"Tobio..."

Before he knew it, the setter's tears were dripping onto the ginger's face. He wiped them away with quivering hands, barely containing the screams from within.