16~Trust~

5 days passed, and the setter's injuries had finally started to fade. He could nearly play just as well as before the attack, and no longer needed a thick layer of makeup to be seen in public. He continued to live with Hinata, checking the security cameras at the apartment everyday, waiting for his father to leave.

Hinata had gotten over the initial shock after countless pep talks from the dark-haired boy, but still made him ice it every day. Kageyama accepted his fate and allowed his boyfriend to do what he wanted. 

On Monday, the two went back to school, this time racing for real.

Suga POV

The freak duo laid in front of the gym door, huffing and gasping for air.

"How the hell do you two do this every morning?" Daichi sighed as he went to unlock the door. "And why?"

"I have to prove..." Hinata wiped the sweat from his brow as he caught his breath. "That height isn't everything..." He glared over at the setter. "And that I'm better than him."

Power bottom? Suga giggled at the thought.

"Dumbass..." Kageyama slowly stood up. "The only reason you even stand a chance is because you're tiny. Less wind pressure to hold you back." He smirked down at the small boy laying on the ground, glaring up at him. "Other than that, you've got nothing going for you."

The two screamed at each other and the smaller one tackled the setter. They fought on the grass, as the two third-years tiredly opened the door and stepped inside.

After Tanaka and Nishinoya arrived to break them up, the team started practice.

The duo practiced their quick , and Kageyama used his new and improved serve, allowing them to get past the blockers at an 85% success rate. Tsukishima cursed the two as he once again wrapped his hand in gauze. Yamaguchi freaked out behind him, worried he was going to die, as Asahi tried his best to comfort him.

On break Nishinoya and Tanaka continued to bully Kageyama about his bruises.

"C'mon man, those have got to be hickeys, right?" Tanaka laughed. Kageyama no longer covered up the bruises, since they had almost faded.

Kageyama turned to face the loud boy, somehow surrounding himself in a shroud of darkness, intimidating everyone around him.

"Woah, your majesty. Sensitive today, aren't we?" Tsukishima teased as he walked past. Kageyama spread his shroud to cover the middle blocker, about to snap. Yamaguchi quickly grabbed the tall boy's arm and pulled him away.

"Kageyama!" Hinata whined. "Can you not?"

Kageyama turned to face the spiker, making him shrink back down in terror.

Daichi walked over to the fight and placed his hand firmly on the setter's shoulder, gripping it tightly.

His eyes went black, and he smiled slightly out of irritation, sending shivers down the setter's spine.

"If you waste one more second, I swear to god-" He started as he tightened his grip. Kageyama stepped back in fear.

After Suga stepped in to prevent his boyfriend from slaughtering the first year, they finally continued practice, improving their success rate with every quick.

Kageyama POV

After afternoon practice later that day, everyone went into the club room to change and grab their bags.

"Hinata, Kageyama, you've got clean up duty today," Daichi announced as he and Suga got ready to leave.

The two sighed. Movie night ruined.