22~Home~

Yamaguchi POV

Hinata sat on the edge of his seat, waiting anxiously for the bell to release him. Yamaguchi watched him nervously from the other side of the room.

The moment the bell rang, Hinata shot up out of his seat and sprinted out of the room. Yamaguchi quickly grabbed his stuff and chased after the spiker.

"Wait! Hinata!" The server grabbed his arm.

"Yeah?" Hinata turned around and stopped for a quick second.

"Where are you going in such a hurry? Don't tell me you're going back to the hospital."

Hinata looked up at him. "Well, he's getting discharged today, of course I have to be there."

"Oh, I see. So you're not coming to practice again?"

Hinata looked down in shame. "Yeah."

Yamaguchi nodded and let the boy go. Hinata continued his sprint down the hall.

~~

The pinch server walked into the gym, accompanied by his grumpy best friend. He received disappointed looks from the rest of his teammates.

Suga sighed and walked over to the two. "No Hinata again, huh?" 

Yamaguchi shook his head. "But he said Kageyama is getting discharged today, so I guess that's some good news, right?" 

"Yeah, it is, but who knows when Hinata is going to come back," Daichi added. "I mean, for all we know he might even wait until Kageyama is able to."

Everyone looked down at their shoes, and Tsukishima walked into the room past them. "Then we'll make him come back." Everyone looked at him surprise. "What? I don't to deal with him being all out of shape when he returns. It would make his presence even more annoying."

"Noya, you live fairly close to their houses, right?" Suga looked over to the tiny boy.

Noya stepped back in surprise. "How the hell did you know that?" Suga gave him the 'mother knows all' look. The libero sighed. "Yes, I'll go talk to them.

Hinata POV

Hinata once again arrived at the much-too-familiar hospital. His body had gotten used to the long journey, his sweat levels decreased each time he came. Kageyama was now wearing a sling on his right arm, and had bandages all over the critical cuts and gashes on his body.

The spiker ran into the room, with a huge smile on his face. Kageyama waited each day for his favorite ball of sunshine to brighten his day.

"How you feeling Tobio? What've you been up to? Has it been boring? You look kinda weird in that sling," the small boy giggled. Kageyama stared at his favorite person, soaking in as much of his light as he could. This was the one person in his life keeping him alive. 

Hinata continued spouting nonsense to his boyfriend. The setter loved that Hinata could talk freely to him, just whatever came to mind. Meanwhile, Tobio could do the same if he was in the right mood. This was the first time in his life where he felt free with someone, and like he could trust him with any secret.

Shortly after, the doctor arrived. 

"Ah, Hinata again. How you doing?" The two were well acquainted now, because of the many times the spiker had visited this room for hours on end.

"I'm good! So, what time can he leave?"

"Any time today. with just a few conditions." He started. "Obviously, no strenuous activities, yes that includes volleyball," he said looking back and fourth between the two of them. The two rubbed the back of their heads awkwardly. "Other than that, just take everything slow for at least three weeks, your arm should almost be healed by then."