27~Their Secret~

Hinata POV

The freak duo walked to practice hand-in-hand, purposefully ten minutes late. 

"You really sure you want to do this?" Shoyo looked up at the setter. Kageyama nodded, giving his boyfriend a little squeeze and smile of reassurance.

Whether unconsciously or not, the two had never walked so slow in their lives, barely stepping one foot in front of the other. They took in the scenery around them better than they ever had, never having so much time to admire it. Tobio tried to hide it, but he was absolutely terrified. Hinata felt the younger one trembling, and gave him a squeeze back. "It'll be okay, Tobio. You just leave it all to me."

Eventually, the two made it to the entrance of the gym, and stared at the doors.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Hinata checked once again. "You're trembling, I've never seen you this hesitant to enter a gym before."

"Oh, shut up, I'm fine! You said you'd take care of it, right?" The gloomy boy defended himself, gripping onto the other's hand even tighter.

"Okay, if you say so," Shoyo let go of his boyfriend's hand, and swung open the doors. The entire team stopped setting up, and stared at the two in confusion, stressing the raven-haired boy out even more.

"What the hell are you two doing here so late?" Tanaka ran over to them. "I don't think you've ever gotten here more than a minute late before."

"Yeah, I was spamming both of you!" Suga complained and whipped out his phone.

Kageyama tensed up as he felt the butterflies in his stomach squirm more than ever.

The ginger rubbed the back of his head. "Oh, sorry Sugawara-Senpai, but we do have something we want to tell you guys..."

The group made their way over, surrounding the two nervous boys. Tobio started sweating, and refused to look anyone in the eye.

"Do you want to tell them... or should I?" Hinata looked back to the setter.

He stayed completely silent and still for a good 30 seconds. "You can share the news, but I'll give the warning. I have something to say that even you don't know yet."

Shoyo raised an eyebrow, but nodded in understanding.

"What do you mean, warning?" Yamaguchi stepped out from behind Tsuki, who was barely paying attention.

Hinata sighed. "The truth is... we've been dating for months now."

The two tensed up and closed their eyes as they got ready for rejection, but received no reaction, other than Suga's heart eyes and Noya's sigh of relief.

Nishinoya elbowed his best friend in the side. 

Tanaka looked down at him, receiving the signal. "Oh, we're supposed to be acting surprised," He looked back at the two, who were insanely confused. "Oh my god! Really? I had no idea!"

Sugawara and Daichi looked over to them, getting the message. "Uh, s- seriously?!" Suga started yelling. "That long?"

"That's crazy!" Daichi joined him, bringing out his inner-dad.

Besides Tsuki, everyone else on the team continued to pretend to freak out over the news, while Suga cried fake tears.

"What the hell are you doing?" Hinata looked around at the chaos and bad acting. "Noya, you told them! Didn't you?"

The libero gave up on acting and fell to the ground laughing. "No Shoyo, I didn't tell anyone. You two were so obvious that I didn't need to!"

Tanaka looked down at his best friend in offense. "They told you but not me?! What the hell Hinata!"