5~Hiding~

Asahi POV

Asahi waited at the park for his favorite spiky-haired ball of energy. Noya raced around the corner and spotted him.

"Asahi Saaaannn!" Noya screamed and jumped into his arms.

Asahi blushed and hugged the tiny libero.

"How on earth do you have so much energy in the morning?" Asahi grumbled tiredly. "How'd you sleep?" He asked as he dropped his tiny friend back down to the ground.

"I slept fine mom," Noya said, rolling his eyes. "C'mon we're gonna be late."

Asahi and Noya walked to the school, and noticed someone hiding around the back corner outside the gym.

"Who is that?" Noya looked over to them, confused.

The two boys walked over and saw the raven black hair of the 'king'.

"Why don't you want to tell them?" A higher voice asked.

"Hinata, if my parents ever found out..." Kageyama trailed off and whispered something.

"Hey guys!" Noya jumped around the corner. "What's up Shoyo?"

The small spiker jumped. "O- oh, hey Noya-San!" Hinata awkwardly rubbed the back of his head. 

"What're you doing hiding behind here?" Noya tilted his head.

"Oh! that... just talking about how we should improve our quick!" Hinata said quickly.

"Oh, well it's not like you two to not be fighting about who got here first or whatever..." Noya pointed out.

Hinata and Kageyama shifted uncomfortably, at a loss for words.

"W-well the dumbass dragged me back here so," Kageyama defended himself.

They heard keys rattling by the door of gym, on the opposite side of the building. "Oh, looks like Daichi and Suga are here... we should head inside!" Asahi suggested.

The four boys joined the Captain inside, Hinata and Kageyama awkwardly shuffling behind.

"What are they up to?" Noya whispered to his tall friend.

"I've got no idea, but I know them well enough to know that they were lying."

Hinata walked into the changing room, Kageyama joined him a few minutes later. 

Hinata POV

Hinata sat in the corner of the changing room, hugging his knees. For a couple minutes he sat thinking about what happened that morning, waiting for Kageyama to join him. When he saw him walk through the door and close it behind him, he immediately jumped up.

"That was way too close!" Hinata grabbed onto Kageyama's shirt. "What if they heard us?"

"They didn't hear us, so don't worry." Kageyama reassured him. He looked down at the hand grabbing his shirt. "Woah, did you burn yourself?" He asked with concern and grabbed his hand.

Hinata blushed at the sudden affection. "Oh, that. I just burned myself at Kenma's a few days ago."

"Did that little monster do this to you?" Kageyama interrogated as he put on his usual 'I hate everyone' face.

"No! Of course not!" Hinata defended Kenma. "I was just making us some breakfast, and I accidentally touched the pan."

"Okay, whatever you say." Kageyama gave up. "But we should leave one at a time and go back to practice, we can talk about this later."

Hinata decided he should go out first, so they don't look suspicious. He stepped out, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible, just when Tanaka came running over to him.

"What're you and Kageyama doing hiding in there? I thought for sure you two would be off practicing somewhere." Tanaka pointed out.

"Oh I was just grabbing something. I'm not really sure what Kageyama's doing."

Tanaka wasn't buying it, but nodded it off anyways.

That day, the famous duo succeeded in doing their quick every time. Their receives and serves were flawless. Kageyama's sets went straight to Hinata's hand each time, and the blockers never once blocked one of Hinata's spikes. I feel like our movements are perfectly in sync today... I guess what happened last night took a lot of the weight off our shoulders that was restricting our movements before.

Suga POV

"Wow, you two are on fire today!" Suga put his hands on Hinata and Kageyama's shoulders and smiled in approval. 

"Yeah, you two sucked yesterday! What happened?" Tanaka intruded.

"We just found a way to improve our quick, and did some extra practicing!" Hinata answered quickly, and jogged off to get some water. Kageyama watched him leave, and nodded in agreement.

Looks like they finally told each other... Suga smiled and watched as Kageyama ran after the small orange-haired boy.

"Damn, I'm jealous." Tanaka looked over at Suga. "How much training did they do? Is it even possible to improve that much overnight?"

"No." Suga answered flatly. "But I might have an idea as to what happened..."

Author note-

Hi there! :)

Sorry for the short chapter... but if you have read this far, I just wanted to thank you! Every view means the world to me:) I'll be updating soon!