Chapter 47

I grabbed hold of the Duke's wrist, my hand catching fire in the same instant.

  "GAHHH!" He screamed as his skin began to burn. He tried to pull away, but my grip was held firm as I switched my class to Warrior to increase my strength.

  "You want to know who I really am?" I rose to my feet, never letting go of his wrist as I did so.

"SHOW HIM!!!"

  "LET ME GO!" He half cried, and half demanded as if I would listen.

  "I wonder how many times they asked the same thing?"

"MORE THAN THEY SHOULD HAVE EVER HAD TO!"

  His face slowly began to twist in fear, and I took in a loud, deep inhale before pressing my face inches from his. "Is that fear I sense?" I smiled behind the mask.

  "MAKE HIM REGRET EVERYTHING!"

  "You-you aren't Human..." His voice quivered as he sensed the Miasma emitting from my body. "You're-AHHHHH!" He screamed and recoiled his hand as my flame increased in size, charring his wrist black. "MY-MY HAND!" Tears fell from his eyes as he backed away from me. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" He screamed as I walked towards him. He weakly tossed his rapier at me.

"MAKE HIM SUFFER!"

  I stepped to the side and let it fly past me as I continued to walk towards him. The fear in his voice and on his face filled me with bliss. A feeling that nothing could ever match, and I snuffed the flame out, reached my arms out to either side of me, and looked to the ceiling.

"REVEAL IN HIS FEAR! FEED OFF OF IT!"

  "You're a monster!" He cried. "A Dem-" I cut him off as my hand covered his mouth.

  "Shhhh." I raised a finger to my mouth.

"WHO GAVE HIM PERMISSION TO SPEAK!?"

  "GET AWAY FROM ME!" He pushed me away, making me stagger slightly as he attempted to crawl away hastily. He was clumsily making his way to his feet when I grabbed his foot and pulled him back down onto his stomach. "NO!" He turned and kicked my chest, making me stagger back slightly once again.

  If I hadn't switched my class to Tank, I would have gone flying. But I couldn't stay a Tank to kill him. I had to be a different class, one that would make him truly cower. I would make him regret his decisions. His last moments would be full of nothing but fear and desperation.

"YES!"

  "Class High Mage assigned."

  "STAY AWAY! PLEASE!" He continued to beg. "I'm sorry!" His words became harder and harder to understand as snot filled his nose and leaked into his mouth.

  "Sorry?" My hand balled into a fist. "You're sorry!"

"YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!"

  My entire arm was covered in flames, illuminating the hallway and casting dancing shadows on the walls and floor. The heat from my flame began to strip the paint on the wall to my left.

  "I will never forgive you!" I kicked off the floor and slammed his head into the ground with enough force to crack it. I stared into his fear-filled eyes through the slits of my fingers. "But don't worry."