So with a short nod, he delivered the signal Taehyung wanted, indicating that it was okay for him to come out. And Taehyung did just that. Having Jungkook's soft eyes and small smile fixated on him made him forget about all the worries in the world, all the consequences of what may happen when Jungkook's parents are made aware of the fact that the two are dating. 

In spite of that, as soon as he actually stepped foot into the living room and took a look at Jungkook's parents, fear took over him once again. But then he felt soft fingers tingling his palm and a big hand intertwining with his own. He lifted his head to see Jungkook standing beside him, shoulder to shoulder, smiling down at him with so much love in his eyes, Taehyung almost thought he would cry. Jungkook squeezed Taehyung's hand, getting him back to reality and assuring him that everything would be alright. 

The couple walked in front of Jungkook's parents and Taehyung bowed, "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Jeon, I am Kim Taehyung."

Puzzled faces with furrowed brows was what Taehyung saw when he straightened his spine. Then, Mr. Jeon spoke, "Who is this Jungkook? Your friend? What is he doing here so late?" 

Taehyung's heart dropped and he struggled to steady the fake smile plastered on his face. Mr. Jeon didn't even greet him, he just attacked Jungkook with interrogation. The fact that he just assumed Taehyung to be his son's friend, without taking into account the possibility of them being more than that because Jungkook was gay made Taehyung feel even worse. For Jungkook this time.

It looked like Mr. Jeon hadn't noticed them holding hands yet. 

Jungkook gulped and this time it was Taehyung who squeezed his hand. He spoke, "No Dad. He is my boyfriend. He lives with me."

For a few seconds, the room was silent, no one spoke as the couple let Jungkook's parents digest the fact. Then, Mr. Jeon's loud and almost mocking laughter erupted, cutting the thin silence. Taehyung and Jungkook frowned, wondering why the man was laughing. 

When Mr. Jeon noticed that no one else besides him was even smiling, he stopped his fake laughter and asked, still with a smile, "You're kidding, right son? He is... just your friend right?" He shot a quick glance at Taehyung, but immediately after directed his gaze back to Jungkook's. 

Jungkook shook his head, "No dad, I'm being serious. We've been dating for almost a year-"

A loud whine from Mr. Jeon cut Jungkook's sentence in between. "Don't use words like that with a boy! 'Dating' and 'Boyfriend'. That's all bullshit. You're not in love with him! You're my son! You can only love pretty women."

Jungkook let out a sad smile, feeling his palms becoming sweaty with the amount of pressure Taehyung was applying to their hold, making sure Jungkook knew he was still with him, he was there to share the pain and burden. "Dad, what do you mean? I'm gay, I can't love women."

Another loud hiss was heard from Mr. Jeon, and this time he got up to accentuate his feelings. Mrs. Jeon followed her husband. Her face portrayed a mix of disgust and worry. Jungkook's heart shattered on witnessing that expression of distaste on his mother's face because of him. He may not be too fond of his father, but no child would want to see an expression like that on their mother's face because of them. What hurt him more was the fact that unlike other mothers, she wouldn't even try to understand how Jungkook felt. The idea and concept was new to her, and he was ready to sit down and calmly explain to her every little detail. But she was never ready to do that. She was old fashioned, the one who liked to preserve old values and traditions. She still believed that a woman's job was to only look after her family and look pretty for her husband, when she herself worked as the Vice CEO of Jeon Corp. and hardly ever took care of her son.

Jungkook's running thoughts came to a halt when Mr. Jeon's loud voice boomed again, "Jungkook! How many times am I going to tell you that you are not gay! You just think you are! I know you! You're my son, you can't be gay!" His face twisted into one of disgust as he spoke the last word: 'gay'.

Jungkook felt his heart shatter like glass once again as he heard his father repeating the same delusional lie for the hundredth time. He bit his lips to stop the tears that threatened to fall down his face. Taehyung pressed closer to Jungkook, feeling himself getting teary eyed too as he watched the scene unfold in disbelief. 

He then heard Jungkook speak. His voice was shaky, but the message delivered was firm, "Dad, I know who I am better than you, and can identify who I love and who I don't. I really do not want to start this conversation again and ruin our night. So please, let's not focus on this."

"NOT FOCUS ON THIS?!" Mr. Jeon's voice had previously had subtle anger, but now, he roared.

He pointed at Taehyung, "THIS GUY? WHAT DO YOU SEE IN HIM HUH? ISN'T HE JUST ANOTHER PRETTY BOY? TH-"

"DAD! ENOUGH!" Jungkook growled, cutting off his father midsentence. The menace and hatred in his voice caught Mr. Jeon off guard as he stared at his son in incredulity.

Jungkook spoke again, the grit in his voice evident. He lowered his voice, not forgetting the fact that he was in fact talking to his father. "I will not hear you speak anything ill about Taehyung! He has given me more love in the past 11 months than you have ever given me in the last 21 years of my life." He inhaled to speak again, to go on and on about how precious and wonderful his Taehyung was. How he wasn't just a pretty boy, but a beautiful soul. But he stopped there, not wanting to go too far, not wanting to overstep the boundaries. 

Taehyung's bottom lip quivered as he stared at his boyfriend's father with fury building up in his eyes like a raging fire. He always reasoned with Jungkook, trying to convince him that at the end of the day, parents are parents, and they can never be too bad. But today, he realized he was wrong. 

Then, he saw as Mr. Jeon's gaze finally moved lower to see the couple holding hands, something he hadn't noticed yet because he was so blown away by the truth. 

With an angry sound in his throat, he stomped towards where the two stood and with a harsh, rough motion grabbed their interlocked hands and forced them to separate. He ignored Taehyung's trembling body as he pointed at Jungkook, "We are staying here for the night, and you two are not sleeping together." He moved away and stood beside his wife. He folded his hands, presumably waiting for Jungkook and Taehyung to go their separate ways.

Jungkook opened his mouth to speak, his enlarged eyes already speaking for themselves but a hand on his wrist stopped him. He looked to his side to see Taehyung shaking his head. His eyes were glassy, but he had a smile on his face. He nodded his head, telling Jungkook he was okay, and they should not let this incident escalate any further. 

Jungkook tried to speak to him, his brain sending him alerts to go grab the boy and cradle him in his arms, but his body restrained from doing so. He watched as Taehyung, despite everything, bowed before Mr. and Mrs. Jeon and walked to the first guest bedroom. He entered the room and closed the door before sending a small flying kiss to Jungkook. The latter couldn't do anything, for his parents were still glaring at him, but his eyes conveyed everything they needed to. He heard the room's door click shut.

He looked at his parents, his soft eyes suddenly looking cold. He gestured with his hand, "You can sleep in the second guest bedroom, come."

Once his parents were settled in their room, he walked towards his own. A part of him wanted to go to Taehyung's room and comfort him but he knew his parents would come to know, and the other part couldn't afford to see Taehyung cry.

So he walked into his own room. The place that once looked so complete with Taehyung in it, looked so cold and empty without him. 

He lied down on his bed and let his head hit the soft pillow. When it did, he finally let the tears he was holding roll down his cheeks.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Tuesday Update!!!

How are all of you??

Make sure you're drinking enough water!

Thank you so much for reading! I love you 💜❤

Take care lovelies

Stay safe, Stay home

~Love,
TheTaeBTSLover ✨❤❤