Chapter 11: What We Can Do

(And this is the calm before the storm. After this expect nothing but heartbreak and angst! Seriously, I don't like writing sad endings, but there wasn't a way I was satisfied with it leading to A Trio of Heroes and other stories! Either way, enjoy!)

                         Everyone was worried about what Prince Lyon was doing.

"But why does he want to destroy our families, the springs and find the dragon village?" Innes asked seriously.

"Lyon must have a reason for doing all of this" Eirika said confused.

Amelia cowered a bit as Ephraim said, "Ok, for now, we have to get to the springs and protect them. We also need to get Leia and Luke to the Dragon Village before Lyon finds it"

Everyone was silent as Remus spoke "The springs flow to every part of your countries. They should only allow anyone who is loyal and connected to the royal families. Normally, a person who is strong or well beyond normal levels can form a bond with one and use an item to keep that bond. All the spring does is give stronger power to anyone who has a huge potential bond with a god or goddess. It also protects us from the power of darkness!"

Ephraim's eyes were wide along with his twin.

They shouted loudly, "We know what Lyon wants! He wants to bring the darkness here and keep others from forming a bond with a god!"

Everyone was horrified by this as L'Arachel exclaimed, "I recall Princess Moon dealing with the darkness here! Why?!"

The twins didn't have an explanation, but they knew they had to protect the springs and get Luke and Leia to the Dragon Village. They couldn't let Lyon get away from this even though they couldn't understand why he would do this.

"Then, we have our mission. We'll head out and protect the springs. They'll keep their eyes on us for a while. This should give Luke and Leia time to flee to the Dragon Village" Eirika said strongly.

"What about our children?" Seth asked worriedly.

Innes reassured him, "I have a secret location for our children to be placed. No one will be able to reach it"

Seth seemed a little worried until Eirika nodded her head.

"That sounds like a good idea. They'll be away from harm, so we can fight with everything we've got" Eirika said strongly.

"Franz and Amelia can take them away. I'll tell Franz where the location to the base is. Then let's figured out where to go from there" Innes ordered as Franz and Amelia followed the Prince of Frelia.

"Are you sure you want me a part in this mission? I thought you wouldn't want me there" Amelia asked nervously.

Innes shook his head at her and glanced at Franz.

"You two seem to share some kind of bond. You two trust each other and that is what we need at this time" Innes answered with a nod of his head.

"What are we going to do, my wife?" Seth asked.

Eirika and Ephraim discussed this with each other.

"I'm going back to my castle. I have to. Don't you dare tell me otherwise" Joshua said seriously as Natasha helped her husband stand up.

"Then you can go back with your group. Protect the spring and leave your child at L'Arachel's castle. We'll make sure he is safe" Ephraims said seriously.

Joshua thanked his friends for that.

L'Arachel informed strongly, "I'll stay here and protect the spring here!"

Innes asked calmly, "Are you sure about this? I could send in more troops to help you"

L'Arachel just laughed at him.

She reassured calmly, "Don't worry, my lovely husband. I can handle anything that comes our way. Our children are safe, so there will be no reason for me to hold back!"

Innes grinned at his wife and told her, "Be safe. I love you"

She replied softly, "I love you as well, my dear husband"

Artur then cut off their communication.

"Where are Franz and Amelia?" Ephraim asked Inness.

"I took them away with Duessel. Now, there are two springs here and a pair of twins to guide. Tana and I can handle the springs here. Ephraim knows the way to the Dragon Village. It makes sense for us to split up" Innes suggested.

Eirika agreed as Ephraim said, "We all have our objectives. Our main goal is to protect the springs and people. Don't do anything reckless! Now, embark and conquer! Go and save our countries!"

Everyone cheered loudly as they went to prepare for their journeys. Prince Lyon was also preparing for their attacks.

"Now, we must work together and defeat those who stand in our way. Do not stop now! Not when are so close to achieving our goal! Defeat the royal families and destroy the springs! Go forth and conquer!" Prince Lyon encourage his vast army.

Ephraim and Eirika had Seth, Neimi, Colm, Kyle, Forde, Luke, Leia, and Hand. They quickly departed from castle Frelia.

"Tana, the love of my life, stay alive and be safe. I want to come back and see you alive, well, and smiling with that bright smile of yours" Ephraim said in a caring tone as held his wife close.

"You too, my lovely husband. Come back to me breathing and grinning. I want to stand by your side till we are both old and gray" Tana said gently.

The two of them shared a kiss and let each other go. Innes looked at them from a far as he made up his mind.

"Tana! We have to get ready!" Innes yelled.

She rushed over to him as they went to prepare for their defense.

"Are you ready to go?" L'Arachel asked Joshua and the Gerik Mercenaries.

"Whether we are ready or not doesn't matter. We have to go back and help my kingdom and people. My mother is also there too. I have to go back" Joshua answered seriously.

"We are with him till the end. He did hire us to do this" Gerik said with a smirk as everyone else agreed to this.

They departed from the castle and Rausten and made their way to Jehanna. L'Arachel wated them depart as Lute and Artur waited for her.

"Are we ready to prepare our defenses, princess?" Lute asked.

L'Arachel nodded and went to work with their help.