Chapter 8: Uncertainty

(Again, this is going to be sad. I hate unhappy endings! However, this has to be the way the story goes otherwise A Trio of Heroes doesn't make sense. Either way, I didn't plan this along with the children of scared stones characters coming to the app. Also, no child Joshua? Really? Either way, enjoy!)

              As the royal twins made their way to Frelia, they had to stop at a town for the night. Once they were able to find a room, they shut themselves away from everyone and began to have a talk.

"What the hell was that?" Forde asked as Franz gasped at his older brother.

"I am not sure I can't fathom a reason why Lyon and his father attacked us" Ephraim confessed as he sat down with Tana at his side.

Eirika was holding her children with Seth's help and Eirika said, "We are such good friends. I don't know what could've happened Unless..."

She looked at her children with tears forming in her eyes.

Seth hugged her closely as Ephraim said, "No. He wouldn't do that. He would be supportive for you. Also, he did reject your hand. I can't see that being a reason" Ephraim said as he buried his face in his hands.

Eirika nodded her head as Kyle returned.

"What happened?" Seth asked as he handed his son to Tana to take care of.

"People have fled the castle. I don't think any troops came out from that fight. I have also heard rumors that Jehanna was attacked. The queen had put up a fight. I don't know if the prince escaped" Kyle reported to them.

They couldn't believe this.

"Is there any report about bounties?" Seth asked as Eirika, Ephraim, and Tana were scared about this.

"Not on them, but on their parents. There are many bounties about them. I don't know why" Kyle said

"Then, we have to find a safe way for us to head to Frelia" Seth said.

As he was about to depart, the group heard people clamoring. Forde and Kyle rushed outside as Forde helped Eirika with her children to keep quiet. The two of them were joined by Seth and kept themselves quiet when they saw Luke being dragged in by chains and looking very beaten!

The Gerik Mercenaries escaped from the desert lands and began to cross into the snowy mountains till they reached a village. They found a room to rest for the night and let Marissa and Saleh head out to find information. Tethys helped Natasha with her child and let Natasha rest for the night. Gerik watched over a sleeping Joshua.

"Things are bad" Gerik said sternly as Ewan looked tired.

"I just don't understand why this is happening. I thought all the royal families got along well together. What could've changed?" Tethys asked sadly, "Queen Ismaire was even surprised. I just don't understand this"

She then looked over Joshua, Natasha, and Ewan with worry.

"What is going to become of us?" she asked with worry.

Gerik sat beside her to give her a kiss on the forehead as a form of comfort.

"I'll make sure everything will be ok in the end. I promise" he said calmly.

Tethys leaned her head against him. As for Marissa and Saleh, they were heading towards the center of the town to gather information.

"I can't believe this happened. Everything was going well" Saleh said sadly.

Marissa only nodded her head as they continued to walk forward through the busy street. She then stopped when she heard fighting breaking out. She motioned for Saleh to be quiet. The group saw Caellache, Knoll, and Glen terrorizing people!