Chapter 3: Being Brave

(Thinking about this now, I kind of understand why this one is short. Well, shorter than normal. This game also had a small cast and short story compared to the other Fire Emblem games. Yeah, you could go back and play the other route, but it really doesn't influence the story much. If anything, play Eirika's route, because you have the story. You play Ephraim's route for a challenge. Either way, enjoy!)

                   Ephraim's group was marching through the forest in silence.

"Are we sure we are heading the right way?" Forde asked as they continued to walk through the forest and guide his horse.

"I believe we are heading in the right direction. Trust me" Ephraim reassured his knights as he continued to march on.

Kyle stopped himself and his horse as he heard something rustling behind them. Kyle made his horse stay silent as he placed his hand on the hilt of the silver lance and gave a dim light off. The, Kyle stabbed the bush as a young boy jumped into the air with his brave axe!

"Get away from here!" he yelled as a bright yellow light shined from him.

Kyle took a few steps back as Ephraim and Forde rushed to Kyle's aid.

"Who is this kid?" Forde asked as he took out his brave lance and gave off a red light.

As Forde was ready to charge at the young kid, Ephraim extended his hand out to stop the red knight.

"Let me try something first" Ephraim said calmly as he ran towards them.

He then dropped his lance and raised his hands in surrender. The young boy slammed his brave axe on the ground in front of Ephraim.

"I see you are a true warrior. No one would attack an unharmed person. I am Prince Ephraim of Renais. Who are you?" he asked as he grinned at the young boy.

"I'm Ross! I am grateful you recognized a true warrior like me!" He said with pride in his voice.

Kyle and Forde calmed down their powers and put their weapons away.

"Well, Ross, where are we?" Ephraim asked as he made sure he was not near his lance.

Ross gasped as he realized he stopped attacking them!

"Ross! What is going on?!" a young lady asked as she stepped out to see them.

As for Lyon's group, they found themselves in a marsh. Duessel and Amelia made a campground for them to rest at. Knoll gathered a few branches to make a fire.

Lyon then sat down next to Knoll as Duessel said, "Cormag and I will take the first watch, my prince. Then, Amelia and Knoll can take the second one. Have a goodnight"

Lyon thanked Duessel as Lyon decided to fix up his tent.

"Knoll! Do you think we are close to finding a spring?" Lyon asked excitedly as he made his bed and turned to his teacher.

Knoll just chuckled at Lyon's excitement.

"Soon, Lyon. You have to sense the presence of the spring. Once we are close, I am sure our gods will react as well" Knoll said with a small smile as he finished making his bed for the night. Lyon was too excited that he wasn't sure if he could sleep! He had to try though. As Lyon went to bed, three knights observed Lyon's group from a distance.

"That is the Prince of Grado" a young, shrill voice exclaimed.

"Then, we shall make our move. Let's go, Fluorspar" a knight in red stated as he made his horse gallop around Lyon's company to the right as the Fluorspar galloped to the left.