Chapter 4: Smile Ok?

(My favorite character from Scared Stones is L'Arachel. I just love how happy and headstrong she is compared to both Tana and Eirika. I also love how she took none of Innes's sass. She's also pretty powerful. In the app, she's kind of strong. Though, she's not as strong as any character from Three Houses. Enjoy!)

                        L'Arachel was happily heading towards the spring with a smile on her face.

"We will be able to do good for our kingdom soon enough! Onwards, my fellow knights!" L'Arachel said in determination as she galloped forward.

"But of course, princess! Bahahaha!" Dozla yelled as he ran after her.

"Why did I agree to this? Why?" Rennac asked in a defeated tone and slowly walked after them.

As L'Arachel's horse galloped forward, the horse tripped over a tree's root by being startled by something in the distance. L'Arachel was launched forward and landed on the ground.

"Ah!" she screamed as she quickly crawled away from the coming skeleton.

"Don't worry, princess! We're coming!" Dozla yelled as he and Rennac rushed towards the princess.

However, a young girl in purple quickly ran towards the princess and cast a purple shard of icicles down on the skeleton to freeze it.

"What was that?" Rennac asked as the young girl stepped towards the princess.

"I'm Lute. You are safe now, because of my amazing skills" she introduced as she turned her head to the princess and her knights. L'Arachel looked at the tome in awe.

"Innes just relax! We'll make it in time and make father proud! Just you wait and see!" Tana reassured her brother as she leaned back on her Pegasus.

Innes sighed as he replied, "I would like to make sure we are on time and ahead, Tana. Everything must have order"

Tana rolled her eyes at her brother as they kept marching onward. The group then approached a village in the valley and decided to rest up for the night.

"Do you think we are close?" Tana asked her brother curiously as she looked at the map.

"You are also searching for the power of the gods as well. How do you feel about our search?" Innes asked as he marked the map of places they have already been to.

Tana pondered on her brother's words and shook her head as she answered, "I feel like we are lost and close. It should be here"

"That can't be. We are far away and lost. We have a map" Innes said seriously as he showed his sister the marked up map.

Tana was getting annoyed at her brother. The two of them began to argue with each other as Vanessa, Syrene, and Gilliam watched from afar as they handled the goods and supplies. Moulder then stepped out of the inn after getting rooms for them for the night.

"Another one?" he asked in a knowing tone.

"Yes. Though, we don't know how to stop them" Vanessa said calmly as she made her Pegasus calm down.

"Finish up and then rest. I will deal with our prince and princess" Moulder said as he walked up to the siblings.

He slammed his staff on the ground to make two small moons above the prince's and the princess's heads. He slowly drained their energy and then approached them.

"Are you two done with your petty arguments?" Moulder asked as he looked down at the siblings.

Tana lowered her head in shame while Innes looked away.