"Picking up Misty, she's sick. Gotta go." Joie hung up, leaving Andi and me on the line.

"What was that about?" I wondered, "And don't say you don't know because I know Joie tells you everything before Jade and me."

"I don't know anything either, Caren." Andi said as I pulled into the parking lot of the Uptown hotel.

"Ok, I gotta go. I need to carry these kids up here."

"Ok, kiss them for me."

"Got you."

Our call ends as I fully parked between two trucks. I was gathering everything I need from the passenger seat when Calen realized we made it to the place we've been calling our home for two weeks long.

"I thought we see Aunty Jay-Jay?" Calen asked.

"Aunty Jay-Jay was tired. We'll see her next time." I promised, stepping out of the car and opening the back door Chloe's car seat was located. "Can you grab Coco's bag for me baby?"

Calen grunted low, lifting the diaper bag. "Yeah, me got it. Can I come around?"

"Yeah, before careful."

I unbuckled Chloe's seatbelt as Calen ran around to stand beside me. I pulled out her carseat, looping my arm under the handle that rests on the inside of my elbow. I closed the door, locking it, and held Caleb's hand and we pushed forward towards the hotel.

"Mommy, can we order pizza?" Calen asked as we approached the hotel.

"You can order whatever you like, dad."

"Yes!" Calen's happiness about little things made me smile.

We entered the hotel's luxurious lobby when Calen suddenly let go of my hand and bolted forward.

"Calen!" I hollered after him, but I looked ahead to him being raised into an embrace by Xavier. He was near the elevator and I could admit he looked handsome in the simple outfit he wore, but I'll be damn if I say that out loud.

Xavier approached me, smiling and positioning Calen on one hip. "Waddup, beautiful wife?"

I ignored Xavier, allowing him to take the car seat from my hand, and approaching the elevator. We got on immediately and rode up to the grand presidential suite. It was the largest suite in the hotel. The grand foyer greeted me as we walked in. Xavier took the kids up the spiral staircase to the second bedroom, while I went to the furnished living room and tossed my keys on the coffee table. I was annoyed as I looked out the floor-to-ceiling picture windows that overlooked the garden courtyard.

After a moment I could hear Xavier's footfalls. "Why are you here?"

"Hello to you, too."