19

POV: nobody

Whitty ran back to the forest, running by stumps of trees and roots of birch, and finally arrived to see a small body in the distance with flashes of Green and orange.

"Pico..." Whitty gasped as he halted in front of his hurt friend. 

Pico was breathing heavily as he slowly looked at Whitty and gave a weak smile, "You finally came..." Pico coughed.

Whitty had to hide his tears. He had to stay strong for Pico. He fell to his knees, hung his head and cried, every tear hitting the leaves, staining them with black. 

"I'm sorry..." Whitty sniffled as he held Pico in his arms.

"Please don't let me die..." Pico cried, gripping Whitty's hoodie.

"I am trying Pico! Please hold on!" Whitty started running, with Pico in his arms to seek a hospital.

"Please don't let me die. Please don't let me die. Please don't let me die..." Pico cried continuously and quietly. 

"Please don't let me-" 

Pico's grip loosened from Whitty's hoodie. His eyes rolled to the back of his head. His head hung back, his orange hair waving in the wind. His lungs stopped moving. His body lost heat, until he was frozen cold.

"P-Pico?" Whitty stopped in his tracks and shook Pico in his arms lightly. 

"PICOOO!!!!!" Whitty screamed into the sky as it echoed into nothing. 

(I'm so sorry the chapter was short. I was on Writing block and I'm freaking out over a goddamn entrance exam. I'm so sorry, I didn't have confidence the past week)