9

POV: nobody

You fought to stay afloat. You fought to stay alive. But what hurt you more than the bullet in your hip was the fact of what would happen to Whitty. You wanted to end everything so much. So you stopped kicking. You laid still and let the downward flow of the raging river take you over a waterfall and you slowly drowned, you sank, and sank, and sank, letting the water fill your lungs.

You closed your eyes until you suddenly felt jaws clamp around your neck and started dragging your weak body to the ashore. You coughed for air, and you slumped into the dirt. Your mind was foggy. You laid on the mushy grass as you looked up to see a peach Labrador sniffing you and whimpering as it didn't bite you, it was so cute, "Am I in...heaven?" You wondered.

"No ma'am." An old fisherman let out a charming giggle.

"My little girl Milly found you in the river." The fisherman leaned on his fishing rod and pet his dog, who wagged her tail.

"What this?" The old fisherman bent over and grabbed Whitty's bracelet, "Sounds like someone I know..." The pale fisherman murmured. His azure eyes inspected the bracelet, "Whitmore Dynamics."
"Whitmore who?" You asked as you sat up straight as the old man handed you Whitty's bracelet.
"Whitmore dynamics," The kind man responded, "It was a silent place, all we could hear at night 2 years ago would be screams of agony. Until we saw a fire truck one day, race over to the lab to put out a violent fire as a tall black silhouette with fox orange eyes, disappeared into the night."
Your eyes widened, you got up but immediately fell over on the dirt wincing in pain as the bullet jammed into bone, played around in your flesh. Milly trotted over and smelled the wound as the old man crouched down and inspected your wound.
"Dearie...do you need help?"
"No... I'm fine, I must-" you winced, "I have to go save my friend."
You got up and limped away.
"By the way..." You mention, "Where is Whitmore Dynamics?" You ask.
"In a remote forest across the state. It would take days to get there." The old man nervously chuckled.
You nodded and limped away with blood trailing from your hip.

"God bless your journey young lad..." The old fisherman murmured as he tipped his hay hat in respect.

(Srry it's short!)