13

POV: nobody

Whitty laid motionless along the marble floor as he felt himself get laid on a stretcher and rolled to an odd smelling room, smells like death and sadness.

(Timeskip)

He woke up to hear doctors surrounding him. He was so cold...he felt himself get changed into a hospital gown and provided blankets. He felt nurses place sticky padding on his bare metallic chest which monitored his pulse and breathing activity. An oxygen mask covered his face as there were water in his lungs.

POV: Whitty
My eyes snapped open. I immediately sat up and looked around.
"Y/n?! Y/N!!"
Nurses ran over to me to calm me down. I really wanted to calm down...
"Where's my friend?" I frantically asked as my breathing picked up.

A doctor entered the room.

He took his stethoscope off from his neck and squeezed his in his hands.
"Your friend suffered from a cracked skull, an infected wound with maggots, and hypothermia. There is a slim chance that they will make it, but we are working hard...".
A nurse handed me a warm drink, I took a sip and let the warmth of the drink warm me up, but I still felt cold, not physically, but mentally, from the fact that my friend or...you can say my crush...might die.

(Time skip 2 days)
I was discharged from the hospital, but they said that y/n would have to stay for a week or so. I stayed home, it was very quiet. Something felt missing, in the house, and my heart.

"Y/n....please survive.....!" I groaned as I rubbed by face exhausted.

It was nighttime and I slept in bed. The moonlights shone through the window, turning the white bedsheets to Gin (Gin means silver in Japanese). I sighed at hugged a pillow, imagining it as y/n. I couldn't sleep, I tossed and turned, I felt hot in bed, so I slept on top of the covers, but I felt uncomfortable. 

(The next morning)

I changed into my usual clothing and walked to the hospital.

"Y/n." I asked the person at the front desk.

I got directions to a room down the hallway, walking by people having the best or the worst day of their life, or a new beginning or a sad ending.

I nudged open the door to see a single bed, with a person hooked up to many machines. 

"Y/n...?" I whimpered as I took a chair and sat beside them. The room was silent, all I heard was beeping from the EKG. 

I buried my face into the side of the bed. 

"Y/n...I know you can't hear me but if you do..." I couldn't hold it in anymore. I broke into tears and cried into my sweater, "I'M SORRY FOR WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU...!! All because of me you got-!" 

"It's okay Whitty........" A weak voice emerged. 

I wiped my face and looked at y/n.

I kissed y/n's forehead, "I love you...you know that?" I laughed silently.

"I knew it from the beginning Whitty..." Y/n laughed under their breath.

"So does that mean we are dating?" I asked.

"Haha....you can say that..." Y/n blushed with a smile.

(srry it's short! TY FOR 5k reads tho!)