10

TW: blood, swearing, etc. 

POV: nobody

Your hip ached like a bitch as you continued across the state. You tried recognizing as many things as you could to guide you across the state, during the nights, as you slept underneath the bridges of the interstate highways, insects bit and ripped at your infected flesh which eventually led to having maggots in your hip in which you had to pull out.
But then you had you had enough, you held your breath as you stuck two fingers into the bullet wound and searched through your flesh. Your heart pounded, each beat was shrouded with pain. You bit into your arm. You couldn't stop searching for the bullet no matter how much it hurt. You felt an aluminum piece in your flesh. You grabbed it it and ripped it out of your leg, you screamed as if you saw the face of the devil.
"NearrrrhhggggggAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
You kicked around violently as blood spilled from your leg. But you were also happy that you got the bullet out, it was red and broken. You buried the bullet in the dry dirt. And continued your journey.

(Time skip 1 week after looking at plenty of maps and your wound slowly deteriorating in infection but your getting used to it)

It was pitch night, you walked for a week searching and finally, you came upon an endless desert patch and looked around, you decided to walk forward, past villages, towns, cities, until you came upon an abandoned asylum. You looked behind the building where plenty of rats hid to reveal a large building with bold title reading, 

"WHITMORE DYNAMICS".

You were willing to take the risk. You recall one of Whitty's tactics where he would knock out someone by hitting the carotid artery or the vegus nerve, or almost any nerve to make someone loose consciousness. Whitty preformed it on you once to demonstrate, you passed out for an hour (lmao).

You looked around the corner of the abandoned asylum to see guards, even though you were alone, you had an idea

You looked around the corner of the abandoned asylum to see guards, even though you were alone, you had an idea. You noticed at the side of the building There was a power router for the lights, if you defuse it, you can get past the guards and to Whitty.

You snuck to the side of the building, trying not to wince at your infection. You look for the main plug at you inspected the router. You found a plug reading, "Main outside resource." You unplugged it and snapped the wire. Everything was pitch black. You ran across every guard like a panther, striking their necks with your elbow forcefully, each one falling to the ground flawlessly. You grabbed the guard's key card and entered the building. You walk down a steep hallway with flickering lights. You found your self at an intersection along with an elevator shaft. You found a sign, "Whitmore ↑ 8th floor" 

You walked into the elevator clicking the number illuminated with a warm glow, "8"

You felt the gravitational pull as you went up and heard a ding and the doors opened. You walked out to see yourself in a dark area but an orange glow lighted the area a bit. You followed it to see Whitty inside a containment cylinder. You were about to walk forward until your hip ached, "Son of a bitch..." You whispered as you breathed heavily. You grabbed a chair and ran towards the containment chamber, ready to smash it open.