Chapter 5.55 - Games

TW// aggressive/abusive behavior
Tommy's POV
Tommy felt his eyes pop open and he gasped, struggling to take in air. He looked around and found himself sitting in the drivers seat of a car.

"What the fuck," he muttered, placing two nervous hands on the steering wheel. "I can't drive!"

Deal with it, his brain snapped. Tommy sighed, squinting outside the windshield.

He looked to be on an empty road, surrounded by trees. It was extremely dark and rain was pouring from the sky.

"Okkkkay, this is weird," Tommy said aloud, returning his focus to the inside of the car.

Eventually, he just decided to slide out of the car and walk. The second he opened the door his entire body was drenched from the downpour, but hey, better than crashing full speed into a tree or something.

To be honest, the walk felt really weird. The entire situation gave Tommy mini-game vibes. He felt as if he were trapped in a screen.

After what felt like years, the boy finally saw a hint of light down another road. Tommy let out a relieved breath and picked up the pace, desperate for something other than a dark pathway and trees.

He slowed to a stop when he saw some kind of building in the corner of the large, pavement square. Cars were parked all around the lot, nobody seeming to be in them.

Tommy saw someone leaning against the brick wall by the building and he hurried over. To his astonishment, they were purely green. A kind of lime green, covering their body head to toe.

They looked up and over at him at the sound of his footsteps. Tommy shivered, pausing in his tracks. They had no face.

"Come on, you know you can't be here," the lime man said in a deep, demanding voice. "Don't make this more difficult than it has to be."

Tommy stayed there for a moment longer. When they didn't say anymore, he ducked his head and backed away, eventually just hurrying back to the road. Probably not the best idea to mess with someone like that.

He glanced down at his hands and felt his breath catch in his throat. His hands and arms were completely yellow, a golden color. Panicked, he felt up from his shoulder to his face.

"Okay this definitely isn't normal," Tommy laughed breathlessly. He continued walking down the road, hugging himself.

After a little bit Tommy noticed the wet pavement getting narrower. He squinted down the path and realized there was a house off in the distance.

Something seemed to be pulling him toward that house, so he continued forward.

It was a little blue house, a dark red roof sitting on top. Little shrubs and plants were surrounding it, only visible with a closer look.

Tommy walked inside, feeling as if his emotion was completely draining from himself. He looked over to the person watching the TV with a frown.

"Leave him alone today," they said, not glancing over at him. Tommy looked down the hallway. "He had a rough day."

I should at least check on him, Tommy thought, ignoring the person on the couch and walking down the hall.

When he got there he saw the door closed and instead of what he'd normally feel, felt anger bubble up inside his chest.

"I told you not to close your door," he growled in a low voice.

Tommy was gonna walk back down the hall but felt some kind of instinct stop him. It's my house. He can't ignore me like that.

He turned for the second time and slammed one fist on the locked door blocking his way. "OPEN THE DOOR!"

When there was no response, Tommy furiously huffed and stormed back down the hall. I'll find a way in from outside.

The yellow male walked back out of the house and instead of back down the road, averted his path to the side. He really didn't appreciate being in this damn rain again.

When he got to the back he immediately knew what had happened. The man sighed in frustration, walking over to inspect the broken window.

"Ran off to that place again," he said with a frown. He clenched his fist and brought it up to his chest, clutching his shirt. "He'll be sorry when he gets back."

The male turned back to the house, walking back around it and heading inside.

0.3