Chapter 19 - Key

TW// Gun, blood, getting shot
Eret's POV
12am
Annnnnnd there they go again.

"Y'know sometimes I wonder why we don't just... quit," Eret said as they sat down at the office chair, taking charge of the security cameras. "We could get a much better job at like... Taco Bell or something."

"Aren't you the one who worked here first?" Wilbur pointed out flatly.

"I can still have an honest opinion," Eret pointed out.

Wilbur rolled his eyes. Eret could practically feel the sarcasm. They ignored it, however. They had a full six hours of chaos ahead.

"HELLLOOOOOOO!" Someone yelled from down the hall, making Eret jump. They fought down panic in their chest, instantly wondering if that animatronic could hear.

"Is that.. oh god. Is that George?" Wilbur muttered, sounding extremely unexcited at the prospect.

Sure enough, George burst into the office, gasping for breath. Wilbur visibly groaned, leaning back against the wall.

"SORRY I'M LATE," George laughed nervously. "Traffic was.. whooh. Also trying to avoid Springtrap was.. mm.. very difficult. It kept following me, with this like... Look in its eye."

Wilbur raised an eyebrow at him, smirking, while Eret just blinked in confusion.

"Look?" Wilbur repeated, chuckling.

"George it's a robot," Eret said flatly. "It's eyes are emotionless."

"And who's worked at three locations in a row?" George challenged them. Eret stared at him, blank, while George grinned triumphantly. "Exactly."

"Says the amnesic," Wilbur cut in sourly, earning a glare from their friend.

"Okay, singer boy," George shot back mockingly.

"You're one to talk, ColorNotFound," Wilbur glared at George, straightening himself and looking at him.

George scoffed. "Pack it up Harry Potter knockoff."

"Says you, bottom."

"I don't know what that means," George said in the same dark tone the two of them were using to argue.

Eret rolled their eyes at them and turned. They froze the moment they met two beady eyes from a tall siloheute in the dark window.

"Guys.." Eret warned, not daring to look away.

"I should stop insulting you, you're gonna forget your own name," Wilbur said smugly, completely ignoring Eret.

"I don't need you for that," George smirked. Wilbur gave him a disgusted look.

"Guys!" Eret snapped, daring to shoot a hard look back at them. They both turned to look at them, and Eret found it hilarious how the color drained from their faces simultaneously.

1am

"Guys I have an idea," Wilbur said quietly. "Let's all run out of the room. It can't chase us all."

"Wilbur that's a terrible plan," Eret hissed back.

"What other choice do we have?" Wilbur demanded. "We run when I say we run."

"Wilbur no," Eret protested, eyes flicking back and forth between the animatronic in the window and the British musician.

"RUN!" Wilbur shouted suddenly, making Eret jump. To their surprise, George instantly bolted out of the room, Wilbur following a few steps behind.