0.2 Chapter 9 - Back and Forth

"Brother, what happens when we die?"

"I'm sorry. I'll prevent that from happening."

Bad's POV
"Welcome back to another pivotal night of your thriving new career, where you get to really ask yourself; what am I really doing with my life? What would my friends say? And, most importantly, Will I ever see my family again?" HandUnit greeted him, which was definitely a big help to Bad's worries. Thanks, HandUnit. "We understand the stresses of a new job, and we're here for you! To help you reach a more stable and relaxing frame of mind, we offer several musical selections to help make this elevator ride as relaxing and therapeutic as possible.

"We offer contemporary jazz, classical, rain forest ambiance, as well as a wide selection of other choices. Using the keypad below, please type the first few letters of the musical selection you would prefer."

"I AM GOING TO BREAK YOUR LEGS," Bad shouted at it, aggressively tapping the keyboard.

"It seems you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will autocorrect it for you," HandUnit said in its infuriatingly calm voice. "Thank you for selecting Casual Bongos."

"I am telling Punz to break you," Bad said darkly. "If that muffin will even answer me."

"Now that your elevator experience has been customized to your needs, and you're thoroughly relaxed, it's worth mentioning that due to your lackluster performance yesterday, your pay has been decreased by a substantial amount," HandUnit said, completely ignoring Bad. "Please enjoy the rest of your descent."

"Good thing I'm not in it for the money!" Bad snapped triumphantly as the elevator slowed to a stop, dooming him to yet another night.

He crawled through the vent, same procedure every night.

"Due to unforeseen malfunctions form today's shows, your nightly duties will require you to perform maintenance that you may or may not be skilled enough to perform," HandUnit informed him as he emerged into the Control Room. "It became necessary for technicians to attempt to disconnect Funtime Freddy's power module; however, they were unsuccessful. Allowing them to try again would be an inefficient path forward, as we would need to allow 6-8 weeks for recovery and physical therapy. You will need to reach the Parts & Service room on the other side of Funtime Auditorium to perform the procedure yourself. Let's check on Ballora first and make sure she's on her stage."

That was definitely concerning. He tapped the light for Ballora, and what he saw was definitely even more concerning. She looked dismantled, the little tiny ballerinas holding up her parts. It was definitely an alarming sight.

"Great. It looks like everything is as it should be in Ballora Gallery," HandUnit continued which was definitely not true. "Let's check on Funtime Foxy. It's important to make sure she's on her stage before entering."

He checked Foxy, already expecting it to not be on it's stage. Turns out he was correct.

Bad paused for a moment. "Wait did you call it a girl? Didn't you call it a guy yesterday?"

"Great. It looks like everything is as it should be in Funtime Auditorium. There is no need to check on Baby tonight," HandUnit said, which confused Bad. "Please refrain from entering unauthorized areas. Proceed directly to Funtime Auditorium."

The order made Bad want to go to check on Baby, especially since the vent opened, but he decided against it and ducked into Foxy's room.

It was pitch black. The night guard gripped onto the object he'd been given before the night, which Punz had called a flash beacon.

"Unlike Ballora, Funtime Foxy is motion activated," the AI guide said, making Bad want to sink into the floor and disappear. "For this reason, it is important to keep the room dark, as to not accidentally activate her. You have been provided with a flash beacon. Use it if you need to get your bearings, and to ensure you don't bump into anything. However, use it as sparingly as possible. Proceed forward to reach the Parts & Service room."

So basically I'm gonna die, Bad thought with a frown, taking a few cautious steps forward. How do I tell if it's near?

Bad continued on, pausing every few moments. The echo of his footsteps physically pained him, but then again this thing wasn't sound activated like Ballora. Was it deaf? Did it watch out for movement AND sound?

He wanted to question further when suddenly he heard shuffling. Bad froze in his tracks, holding his breath. Not taking any chances, Bad flashed the beacon.

It lit up the entire room just for a moment, hurting his eyes. To his dismay he was still a good ways away from his destination. But that horrified him less than the white and pink fox animatronic looking around the room with piercing yellow eyes. It's head snapped towards the control room, just beyond Bad.

And then he was left in darkness again. He didn't dare move after a minute or two. Though standing here awkwardly in darkness would result in him being found sooner or later, so he regretfully continued on.

C'mon, nearly there, Bad thought, trying to pick up the pace. He only had to flash the beacon once more to be able to find the door, which he slipped inside.

Thankful to have his flashlight, he looked around. There was literally nothing else in the room besides a stool, a conveyor belt, and a note.

He walked over, picking up the little piece of paper.

   "Hey, I managed to fix Funtime Freddy. No need to be here. I would have put this in the office but there's someone else here and I don't want to be seen. Leaving this here for you, new security guard."

It wasn't even signed by anyone, which was weird. Bad wondered who it was. Maybe it was one of the technicians and they had actually managed to fix it.

Bad realized he'd have to go back through Foxy's room. He groaned softly, unsure whether that fox could hear him through the door or not.

"Please exit the building through Funtime Auditorium, and we'll see you back here again tomorrow," HandUnit said. Bad glared at the ceiling before leaving Parts and Service.

He tried to refrain from just stomping his way through the death trap of a room and played it cautious, moving slowly and only using the flash beacon occasionally.

Bad never heard any shuffling, so when something grabbed his shoulders and an animatronic face popped up in his vision, he had a moment of pure terror before everything went black.

-
-

.-- .... .- - / .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- ..--..

--- ..-. ..-. .. -.-. . .-.-.- / ...-- .-.-.- / -.. .-. .- .-- . .-. .-.-.- / ..... .-.-.- / ..--- .-.-.-

He won't die! He can't, right? He's one of the main characters!

George was a main, and he's probably decaying away in the closet right now.

THAT'S NOT THE POINT. WHAT I'M SAYING IF BAD FUCKING DIES W-

DUDE. Chill out a bit. He'll be fine. And stop yelling, I don't want him knowing about all this.

Why not?

Because I don't want him to have to deal with that world anymore. He came here to rest, he's over the Fazbear Company

Wasn't this place discovered by the company

Actually it wasn't. It was found by a guy named Ranboo.

...what happened to him?

Authors note//
HI BBDBHGG THIS WAS SHORT I APOLOGIZE
Hope yall enjoyed either way🕵️ Have a nice day (or night) everybody!