0.2 Chapter 6 - Freedom at Last

TW// blood

He was being dragged along the floor. He didn't like how empty he felt- how emotionless he felt. It was like all the life had been slowly drained out of him. Like he couldn't remember who he was, all that he had once been slipping away.

The person who was holding him dropped him, breathing heavily in panic.

"Your souls still here, isn't it? Answer me, please," the white hoodie man begged. He didn't know how to respond.

After a moment, they let out a worried noise and turned to face something that was just barely visible in the shadows.

"I've been working on this for weeks, in addition of Circus Baby," the man explained aloud. They looked down at him, eyes flashing. "Dream is gonna kill me if he finds out one of his subjects died at the hands of a Nightmare. This may hurt, but please, it's better than being gone for good."

Tubbo's POV
1am
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Tubbo jolted awake, flailing around for a moment before seeing Tommy by the closet. Last nights dream lingered fresh in his mind. Something about being in an animatronic suit.

"WHAT?!" Tubbo shouted, bewildered.

"Oh hey you're awake," Tommy said cheerfully. "About time."

Tubbo stared at his friend, trying to process everything. The night must have already started, considering he was hearing footsteps coming their way right now.

He rose to his feet and glanced at the clock. Confusion swept through him. 1am? Tubbo thought, blinking. I usually wake up automatically at 12. Something definitely isn't right.

"Go check that door Big Man," Tubbo said, tilting his head toward the right door, where he'd heard the footsteps.

"On it," Tommy said with a quick salute, making Tubbo giggle. Just a little bit.

He dipped back into his "serious try-not-to-die" mindset and continued on with his regular night to night activities. Checking the bed, the closet, the doors...

It was the same thing every. single. night.

We need to leave, Tubbo thought with a glance at Tommy. We need to go.

"Hey T-" Tubbo cut himself off as he felt something bolt past him, and the closet door creak open. He groaned out of pure frustration and anger.

"RGRGGGGGGGGH that better not have been Foxy," Tommy said angrily, stomping over and swinging open the closet door. He shrieked and jumped back, slamming the doors closed. "It was Foxy."

2am

"Who else would it be? Bonnie?" Tubbo demanded flatly. Tommy shot him a glare, and he sighed.

He turned back to the door, getting slightly bored. Even the thrill of this on-going life or death situation had died down. It was getting extremely repetitive.

He closed the door before walking away, knowing it would just swing back open anyway. It had no functional lock, and even if it did, how would he see his friends when they weren't trying to constantly maul him?

Tubbo glanced around the room. When he was alone, it felt extremely overwhelming. It was extremely difficult, and he died nearly every single night due to animatronics coming in from the opposite door.

We need a way to escape, Tubbo thought, glancing at the ceiling. But the doors locked everytime.

"Wait a second.." Tubbo said aloud, realization drawing to him. Tommy looked over at him, confusion. "Tommy, how'd you unlock the door?"