0.2 Chapter 12 - What Now

TW// death mentions, crying

George's POV
After everything that had happened, George thought he might as well sit down and take a breather. Well, as much as a breather he could get considering he was an animatronic now and couldn't really inhale air.

So Dream really was a bad guy, George thought disloyally. He rested his head on his hand. Pondering the memories that had finally been unlocked after so, so long of not knowing what had happened was a whole 'nother type of stress reliever.

He remembered when he had found what Dream had done. He knew so much. Dream had taught him so much.

And then Punz removed his memories.

Punz tricked me, George finally realized.

- - - -

11:34 PM, June 16, 1988

   "Punz! Good to see you," George greeted Dreams new work partner. The man tugged at his hoodies strings somewhat anxiously.

"Yeah.. yeah hi George," Punz said kind of normally, although his expression said different.

George figured that he was just worried about his new job and brushed it off as regular nervousness.

"Is Dream here?" George asked him. "I need him to fix something- I think one of our heaters broke. It burned me."

Punz squinted at George suspiciously but nodded, pointing at the Parts and Services room. "He's in there."

"Thanks," George left Punz to do whatever he was doing and walked over to Parts and Services.

He didn't know whether Dream was busy or not, but then again he probably wouldn't mind if George interrupted him. They were best friends after all, right?

Nope. Nope. Not at all.

George stood in the doorway horrified as Dream sat on the table beside a few endoskeleton parts, humming a song tune, while somebody he'd never seen before was putting CHILDREN in THE ANIMATRONIC SUITS.

George was about to scream, but Dream's head snapped up and he instantly leaped into action, pulling him into the room, slamming shut the door, and covering his mouth.

"George," Dream said disapprovingly with a frown, his green eyes flashing. George suddenly felt extremely unsafe.

Momentarily wondering if he should fear for his life, Dream looked over at the stranger George didn't recognize.

"Go get Punz," Dream ordered. "I gotta deal with this.. uh..."

"Muffinhead," they offered.

Dream shrugged. "Yeah. Sure. Go."

They nodded instantly and hurried out of the room. Dream sighed and turned his attention back to George.

"Y'know, you should have knocked," Dream said sadly. "It's rude not to knock, especially to a place like this. It's Employees Only, George. Why are you back here?"

Dream removed his hand, allowing George the ability to speak.

"What is going on?!" George demanded, not answering Dream's question. He pointed aggressively at the suits. "WHY ARE THERE DEAD CHILDREN?!"

Dream rolled his eyes, walking over to the suits with a disapproving look.

"I'm testing something, Georgie," Dream said, looking specifically at the Freddy suit. "Let's go outside. Bad at least knows better than to barge in."

George gave the suits a sick look and nodded, following Dream out of the room. The stranger, who he assumed was Bad, was waiting there with Punz.

Punz gave George a regretful look as Dream spoke.

"Punz, do you have that memory thing?" Dream asked his work partner. "Or did you give it to Grian?"

"..who?" Punz responded after a moment, looking confused.

Dream coughed awkwardly. "I'll introduce you two later. Do you have it?"

Punz nodded, and Dream smiled. He clapped his hands together, making George jump.

"Perfect!" Dream said, although something in his expression said that he regretted whatever he was going to do.

"Can we uh.. have a second? I need-" Punz gave George a blank glance. "I need to get it working."

Dream nodded, walking back into Parts and Services. Bad gave Punz and George an alarmed look before following, shutting the door behind him.

Punz grabbed George's wrist and stared him dead in the eyes.

"Pretend you don't remember a thing from what you've seen here," Punz said in a low, demanding voice. George nodded in alarm. "He expects me to remove all your memories of the pizzeria."

"Oh. Wh- huh? What?" George stammered, confusion whirling through his mind. "Why would he..?"

"I've told a little friend of mine to create a memory book for this entire place," Punz murmured. "We're charting down everything so it's never, ever lost to history."

George nodded, still incredibly confused, but he decided not to question Punz further.

- - - -

"George?" A familiar voice said, nearly scaring him back into the spirit world. He turned, looking at Tommy.

"Hey Tommy," George greeted him.

Tommy sat down beside him on the couch.

"Why are you up? It's midnight," Tommy said, signalling to the clock up on the wall.

George blinked. His sense of time had been really messed up lately, ever since the final night at Sister Location, when he had seen the hanging corpses.

"I guess everything's been a bit weird since Wilbur died," George admitted, squinting at the clock. Punz had been working on his suit to make it feel more human.

Tommy visibly froze, and George realized what he had said. The teen gave him a wide-eyed look.

"He's.. Wil- WHAT?" He exploded, leaping to his feet. George stood up as well, throwing his hands up innocently.

"We found his body at the location!" George exclaimed. "I think the animatronics killed him. I dunno."

Tommy looked absolutely horrified. George was definitely not helping this situation, because Tommy just started bawling his eyes out.

George hugged him, trying to comfort the young boy.

"First Fundy now- now Wilbur?" Tommy cried.

George wanted to ask who Fundy was because he definitely hadn't met him and didn't remember if Tommy had ever mentioned him back at the pizzeria, but he figured now was certainly not the time.

"Everyone who worked with me has either died or.." Tommy gave George a narrow-eyed look. "...whatever you fuckin' are."

"Hey," George protested, frowning.

He sat Tommy back down on the couch, thinking. Every pizzeria had been a disaster, mostly because they'd either been created under the Afton line, or had possessed animatronics.

So how about one with regular ones? George thought, the plan finally forming in his mind.

A/N
:] Here we go again

Also new upload schedule because im impatient.
Uploading every day or two if i have sum to post